1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NorthWestern 4A Softball Scores

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by FHS BBALL, Feb 28, 2006.

1. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Good Programs

Good comments: Ac has been a powerhouse in softball for many years and continues to do well! Freedom is trying to build a program and from what I have seen of the players and coaches, they will build a nice program there. The players are a direct reflection of their coaches and it appears both teams played well and kept the drama out of the field of play! I have been in this softball area a long time and have found over zealous fans and parents are usually at the root of most issues. Parents let your kids play, have fun, develop, and reap all the benefits a team sport brings! Support them with class and set an example for your kid to follow as they mature and move on into the working world. Don't make excuses for bad performance, encourage them to work harder, listen more to coaches, and help the team succeed. Most of all teach them to do everything with class and respect of others. We all can learn each day the benefits of loving thou neighbor, who knows when our life or theirs will be taken.
    Great job by both teams last night! Emily one heck of a pitching performance!
    :trophy: :trophy: :twocents: :twocents:

2. karolinablew

karolinablew Member

To this point, I have chosen to simple read and observe. The ACHS game against FHS last night was worth input. Great game ladies! on BOTH sides. However, the conduct of both fans and, at the end of the game, the coach, classless. This type of conduct negatively impacts the worth quality players of doing of the field. You hurt your own program.

3. Tar42Heel

Tar42Heel Banned From TBR

Although I was not at the game last night, I was informed of this...And for one, am not surprised it happened. These young men, have been told repeatedly to cease this behavior but like me and others at their age, it went in one ear and out the other. As far as the coach is concerned, I seriously doubt this happened. Why in the name of common sense would a coach tell his players to harm the other team? Thad Fox has been nothing but a complete gentleman, who has abided by the rules, and got the best out of his players while being sportsmanlike.

As Freedom's PA announcer, I've had to have them removed from my area because I can't do my job efficiently. But yet, Freedom administration wants them there to give us a great amount of home field advantage. However, the home fans arent pleased with their actions and it certainly leaves a bad taste in the mouths of the visiting fans who have to put up with this foolishness.

Personally, since they've been warned by the umpires and administration to knock this stuff off....That all of the fans responsible for past incidents. especially the one at Alexander, be put on a probationary status that if they are warned by umpires, they're removed from the game and face suspension from future games.

Even though we are new to winning, we and the visiting school should never allow unsportsmanlike conduct from fans. In the future, if Freedom High wants to host big tournaments like the NW4A Conference tournament, state regional games, etc.. Behavior like this must STOP.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  4. miken

miken Junior Member

From Tar42Heel "As far as the coach is concerned, I seriously doubt this happened. Why in the name of common sense would a coach tell his players to harm the visiting team? Thad Fox has been nothing but a complete gentleman, who has abided by the rules, and got the best out of his players while being sportsmanlike."

Guys I read all the time but I dont get on here much. I was standing right behind home plate and I heard the head coach from freedom after Johnson hit a ball up the middle, yell at his catcher "next time stick it in her ribs". Thats when coach Bolick called time and wanted to talk to the coach about it and he said that he didnt have time too. Then coach bolick said "go ahead and start sticking it in peoples ribs". I heard it, alot of people heard it, and thats something you just dont say in a high school softball game. I personally cant believe the umpire didnt say anything to him for yelling that. If he wanted to start playing that game with AC, then I think he should get a pitcher that can throw a little harder than she was.

5. rangeroo22

rangeroo22 Full Access Member

Freedom HS Fan Behavior (and Coaches)

I've already mentioned this in a previous thread,but it seems it fell on DEAF EARS!
    It's bad enough when a school's fans act like IDIOTS,sets a poor example for all young adults and breed disrespect. It also destroys ANY potential for the offending team to achieve success. In case some of us forget,there's ALOT more to success than winning alone. If the coach is in fact acting like this as well in front of his team,I assure ALL involved will NEVER achieve "SUCCESS". We adults are supposed to be setting an example for these kids to follow later in life AFTER softball... I didn't witness the alleged incident with the coach,but if it's validated,then the AD at Freedom NEEDS to step up and get a handle on this before it gets further out of hand. I did witness the ridiculous fan behavior first hand @ Freedom when we played them and the AD WAS present due to the fact,it was the night the new field @ Freedom was dedicated. It's really a shame that a few IDIOTS could spoil the reputation and potential for success of Freedoms' first season with some wins.:agreed:

6. karolinablew

karolinablew Member

Clarification on Comments

To clarify the "classless" conduct comment I made earlier, yes, the "stick it in her ribs next time" comment was made by the Freedom High School head coach toward a very classy committed ACHS player who knows how to hit a ball WELL. We all understand the excitement and desire to win on the part of both coaches and players - but when the head coach makes statements like that on the field - unreprimanded by the officials present IF they also heard it, hurts our game. The ladies are warriors on their field. Respect their work and efforts, and do not bring the game down or bring disrespect to a program that we are all glad to see is picking up some talent. Excellent! The play improves when the powerhouses have some competition.:ylsuper:

7. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

It don't suprise me at all that Fox said that. From what I've seen so far he don't even know the meaning of the word class.

8. hispeed

hispeed Full Access Member

TO DO LIST

Patriot Field at Freedom Park

Renovations will include

1- New dirt from Hoffman Paving Company in Lenoir. ..................Done!

2- Paint dugouts .................................................................Done!

3- Five pitcher bullpen .........................................................Done!

4- Extend Batting Cage

5- Paint protective piping around field ....................................Done!

6- Install Royal Blue windscreen.............................................Done!

7- Plant Sod around playing surface

8- Paint and install new Pepsi sign on scoreboard

9- Build new player benches for dugouts

10- Build helmet and bat bag shelving

11- Concession Stand, Restrooms, Press Box, and dressing area

12- Plant 36 Leyland Cypress Trees behind the outfield fence......Done!

13- Flag Pole in CF..............................................................Done!

14- Lights!.....DONE!

15. GET OUR BUTTS KICKED AT AC! ......................................DONE!!!

you have to play ACR again too!!

9. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

Coach Fox evidently got caught up in the moment but he did apologize to Kayla after the game. Now lets get back to playing ball.:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

10. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

thanks, great post and this applies to all teams and at ALL LEVELS.

time for a road trip Paul??

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006