1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NorthWestern 4A Softball Scores

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by FHS BBALL, Feb 28, 2006.

1. jvcoach

jvcoach Full Access Member

in my last post i said that i thought central -d was someone knew, i have found out that it was not and i would like to tell them that i am sorry for bringing his name into it!:229031_ha

2. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

It won't be the first time someone tried to guess a poster. Just keep up the good work posting those scores and encouraging the players. You will never get every parent to agree with a way a coach is doing. If he or she does they better run, something is up.:satana:

Season end is getting closer every day: HATS OFF TO ALL YOU COACHES IN NC AND DON'T SPEND THAT $1.00 AN HOUR IN ONE PLACE!!:229031_ha

3. UABBLAZERBALLA

UABBLAZERBALLA Full Access Member

I read your past posts...you love to bash coaches. I guess you got your wish with the basketball coach but you won't get it in softball. The administration at South really support Brookshire and respect her as a coach and a teacher, so she is not going anywhere. Much to your dislike, the push coming from South is get rid of volunteer coaches who do not work at the school.

As far as talented team...South is good but not as good as in the past. If you go back to the 2003 and 2004 teams, they were the most talented (look at what Pritchard and Adams are doing at WCU). Plus a few more off those teams were given scholarships. I have been to South's games this year, haven't seen the college scouts there. Also, there is a Div. II school ten miles from South (L-R) and they are not recruiting anyone from South so that might tell you a little about the talent level. Not to take anything away from South....good kids, who play hard and are competitive every night. They stay out of trouble, they work hard, and they compete. As a parent or fan, that is all you can ask for out of a team and its coach.

If you have a kid at South and are not happy, then transfer her. If you dislike the coach that bad, then schedule a meeting with the AD, the principal, and the coach and discuss your frustrations/concerns. The turmoil you speak of is more than likely from the coaching change and seniors are loyal to the former coach. But lets face it, Mikey ran the team while he was there then Rick ran the team after that. Not to take anything away from Cole, but he was more of a faculty representative that drove the bus. The major improvment that Brookshire can make is to get rid of the assistants that bad mouth her behind her back and continue to build her program.

4. sbmom

sbmom Banned From TBR

Sorry If I come off as a coach basher because I'm really not. I support any coach who does a good job. As for the basketball coach yea I'm glad we are gitting a new coach. I wish the old coach all the best and have nothing against him as I have stated before he is a great man just not a good coach. The same for Brookshire I know her and even like her but she don't have the knowledge or ability to coach at this level.
    As for the talent at SC I have to disagree. I know these same girls played travelball together this year and were very successful playing against much better teams than they are right now.
    I also think Cole done a much better job than most give him credit for. I know Rick has done a lot of "coaching" on the team for the last 10 years but still Cole ran the team by his rules not Rick. As for Mickey he was only at SC one year and he sure didn't run the team. I don't know where you got the idea that he ran the team he did very little at SC. He's a good guy and I think is doing good at Alexander but he never had a big hand in the SC program. If he had stayed here he would have been a help

5. mountainball

mountainball Full Access Member

If you look at the NW4A Conference as whole, it has gotten a lot better and the difference between the teams is smaller than it has been in years. As far as the poor coaching that has been talked about here, my take is that coaches are getting better at preparing their kids for games. Don't always put blame on tough losses on the coach (they do that enough to themselves.. trust me), give some credit to the coach of the other team that worked their hindends off getting their team ready and the players for executing. Coaches have always been and always will be easy targets for blame and criticism. IT goes with the job, but have the courtesy to talk to them face to face and not post it on boards like this one until you do so (Actually, I would prefer you not post stuff like that, but that is just me). I have been on here for a LONG time and enjoy the insight posters have and their commentary. Let's not let this get to be a bashing board like another became before I left it.

Also, I think Starnes at South is ONE of the best pitchers in the conference, but I am not sure she is the best. She has battled though tough times this year and I admire her for that. She has been a roll model for many. But think about these... Pierce (Alexander), Bombace (ACR), Reilly (Watauga), Hasson (Freedom).... We have some talented pitchers in this conference. Don't get me wrong, I think Starnes is talented and right up there, but just not sure she is the best. :twocents:

Good luck to all teams as they enter the last week of conference play and tune up for the tournament. Anyone else think that this year's tournament is going to be exciting?? I sure do. as many as 6 teams that could win it this year.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!:ylsuper:

6. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

You are right mountainball this conference is alot more even. It would be nice to win them all but the coaches have prepared their teams to capitalize off of mistakes. The only thing different from our conference and others is when they lose, their parents don't get on here and whine and complain. I despise losing but Emily hates it even worse and she beats up herself about her performance and tries to work it out. Coaches can try to teach but it is up to each player to learn. Can our coach or your coach do more to teach our daughters, well check to see if she has learned what she has already been taught. If she is more advanced then do like pitchers parents do and pay for lessons and quit sitting back and wait for someone to come along that will give your child the miracle she needs in her bat and glove.

7. Freedom Sball

Freedom Sball Full Access Member

Conference Race

Who is going to win the conference this week?

8. jvcoach

jvcoach Full Access Member

east surry 3- achs 0. we ran into a very good team tonight that will likey win the 1-a state again. the game went 8 innings! the ac jv`s beat east surry 1-0. megan laxton got the win! jv cougars are now 13-2 with 2 games left this week.

9. rams12bb

rams12bb Full Access Member

Watauga 7
    Alleghany 3

10. FHS BBALL

FHS BBALL Full Access Member

We've heard in Morganton that AC practices 6 days a week, 3 hours a day. Is that not true? What are the kids doing on their own as well! The kids for Coach Fox practice from 3:15-5:30/5:45 each day. He gives them Wednesday's off also to be a teenager! It's worked the kids are fresh and playing better now than they did earlier and seem very fresh!

GOod luck to everyone this week!

Last edited: May 2, 2006