1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NorthWestern 4A Softball Scores

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by FHS BBALL, Feb 28, 2006.

1. jvcoach

jvcoach Full Access Member

achs 6- east burke 2 emily pierce had 13 k`s and allowed no hits in 6 inns of work. ac had 10 hits in win. the jv cougars won 20-0. ashleigh willamson had 8 k`s ind a no hitter. we hit the ball very well and freshman chelsea sherrill blasted her 1st ove the fence hr!!!!!!!!!

2. jvcoach

jvcoach Full Access Member

i have 1 ? about the freedom / ac rey. game. if the score was tied and it was the bottom of the 7th and bases were loaded when the winning hit happened, then shouldn`t the score be 6-5? the game was over after the 1st run crossed the plate. see ya sat!!!!!!!!

3. rams12bb

rams12bb Full Access Member

Correction on the WHS-MHS game.
    McDowell 4
    Watauga 1

Watauga left the bases loaded in the top of the 7th.

4. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

south caldwell 10
    st. stephens 4

starnes got the win 11 k's no earned runs
    beck and hobbs had homeruns
    finally scored some runs tonight

5. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

What was the hit?

Was the hit a ground rule double by chance?

6. FHS BBALL

FHS BBALL Full Access Member

Score

I think everyone is going by when the umpire stopped the game. The same thing happened to us last year @ Butler. We were down 10-1 and the bases were loaded. Their player hit a ball by our RF and got an inside the park HR. Score should've been 11-1 but the final was 14-1.

Tuesday bases loaded and a base hit down the line- runner scored from third and second. When the ball entered the infield the ump killed it. It doesn't matter to us it's a win either way.

7. rangeroo22

rangeroo22 Full Access Member

Freedom IS for real!

This is to all the nay-sayers in regard to Freedom being for real or not.I attended the Reynolds/Freedom game and I'll tell you now, Freedom IS for real. That was without a doubt, one of the most exciting and well played games I've ever seen. As previously stated Freedom starts the game with a 3-0 first inning explosion off one of the best pitchers in the mountains (Bombace).Reynolds played catch-up the rest of the game.Gier gets Reynolds back in the game with her two rbi double in the gap in right center and the score is FHS3 Reynolds2. Gier scores again in the next inning after ripping a single down third baseline to lead off the inning to knot the score at 3-3.Freedom scores two more to go ahead (AGAIN) 5-3. There were many hard hit balls by Reynolds to the left side of FHS infield and two excellent plays by FHS ss and third baseman in between ,shots hit by ACRs' Christy Cor and Emily Barnhardt were gobbled up by FHS left fielder and ss respectively. FHS has good speed,good defense,good power,good short game,AND they're young! This is a well coached ball club with some spunk that will be around competitively for some time to come...Their young pitcher was impressive as well and she's a freshman?!!Again Gier crushes that home run over the scoreboard in the top of the seventh to knot the score @ 5-5 and FHS responds with speed,and a great short game and ANOTHER freshman ripping a shot down third baseline to win the game in the bottom of the seventh.This game had it all including some nasty weather (which amazingly didn't affect the exceptional quality of play or concentration of these girls). Freedom NEVER let up coming up with consistent great defense and consistent offensive threats no matter what part of the lineup was up to bat. (BTW FHS,you dont need overzealous fans tarnishing any of your games, you've got a great ball club,get those people under control BEFORE the umpire demands that you have to.)As for ACR,you too played a great game,some timely and big pressure hits cost you a close one.You were defeated by a great young ball club. The level of hitting in girls fastpitch has gone to a new level in the last couple years,perhaps due to alot of the new "young" coaches coming up,perhaps due to other factors, including more of these HS gals playing travel ball on well coached teams in the summer.Point being,there are going to be many more previously "non-competitive" teams winning ball games against "established powerhouse" programs unless all coaching staffs start teaching their kids the "complete" art of hitting and STEADY pitching AND defense.Freedom is just one shining example of how a good coaching staff can turn a program around with alot of effort and some great and willing to learn kids. Great Game!!!:twocents: Never give up,never give in...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  8. Tar42Heel

Tar42Heel Banned From TBR

Four years ago, I was working for The News Herald and I remember covering Freedom's Kaylee Davis and Lane Harriger, who played on a team that had never, ever won a NW4A game in school history. I remember that year very vividly....Freedom was actually quite competitive in many of those games, and even had the lead going into the 7th, but found ways to blow it.

Now, as the team's PA announcer, I'm watching them find ways to win and refusing to lose. The only loss came to a powerful Dorman team who hit a first pitch solo homer to win in extra innings.

As far as the jerks go...They've been getting on my ever-last nerves wanting me to play a particular track...:banginghe

9. rams12bb

rams12bb Full Access Member

Watauga's game with Ashe set for Saturday has been postponed until April 10.

Freedom has greatly improved and the biggest thing I've noticed is their attitude of....it doesn't matter who we're playing. They come out to play no matter who it is. Great game in Boone last Tuesday where they topped Watauga 2-0. Thad has done a tremendous job of getting those girls to believe.

10. Tar42Heel

Tar42Heel Banned From TBR

Freedom 5
    South Caldwell 2

Freedom again comes from behind to get the win...

Freedom @ Alexander Central tomorrow to face North Wilkes @ 9 AM..

Freedom-Alexander Central in Taylorsville on Tuesday... BIG GAME!