1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Northwestern 4A Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by whspioneers, May 3, 2007.

1. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

Not sure if there is a high school rule for this, but in MLB a pitcher needs to complete at least 5 innings and leave with the lead to be credited with a win. I use 4 innings for high school. This cost some starters in blowout games that may only throw three innings, but I have a baseline that keeps things consistence from season to season.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  2. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

I have always been taught that the starter has to atleast pitch half of the innings played to qualify for the win. Therefore, Zach Brown should get the conference championship win for the Spartans.

3. TMJ

TMJ Full Access Member

AC may have some trouble with Weddington especially if Weddington pitch's Spencer Terry....Tough opening round game!

4. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

Planned start

There was a discussion quite some time ago on this, but I can not find it, and it seems like the end result ruling was that if at the start of the game it was a planned 2 inning (for example) outing to where the starting pitcher was to throw 2 innings (there again for example) regardless. Then he could be credited for the win if his team had the lead when he came out and never relinquished it.

5. centerfielder#8

centerfielder#8 Full Access Member

im pretty shure we came to win we come to win every game and jimmy was only throwing those 2 innings to basically get bullpin work to get ready for friday