1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Northwestern 4A

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by MOOSE, Dec 2, 2003.

1. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

Anyone have the scoop on this years teams? Heard a little about Alexander but no one else.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

C'mon guys. too many posters from this area to let this thread drop down the page with no response

3. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

got softball: AC Reynolds, Alexander Central, South Caldwell and McDowell in that order??

4. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

AC & Comer!

GAry is a good friend and former assistant of mine in which I have a great deal of respect for! As ALWAYS he will have his team prepared and ready to contend for another playoff appearance especially with the kids he has back this spring! Good LUCK Coach Comer!:D

5. bball23

bball23 Full Access Member

I think AC will be the favorite this year in the NW4A because they will be returning 12 players fron last years 2nd place team which beat 1st place South Caldwell twice. Watawga is always very competitive because of coach Hardee's ability to have his teams ready to play. South should be pretty good with Reed on the mound, don't know who else they have after that. Mcdowell will also be pretty good with Taylor on the mound. East Burke lost 2 starting pitchers but I think they return several position players, don't know how good they will be. Freedom was young last year but hit the ball pretty well. I think Renolds lost their 2 starting pitchers last year but I'm not sure. Should be very competitive again this year as usual. If Comer will put his best players on the field every game AC should contend for the championship. Perry will have to go with his seniors on the mound to get the job done. AC will be deep in pitching (baring injury) Heafner, Kinnard,Teague,Hall,& N.C. State signee Payne. They also have junior Brian Corbit to throw if needed.

6. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

Northweatern 4a

Love to see some action on this subject. Getting weak when there is more on charlotte.com.

7. playme

playme Full Access Member

McDowell with Michael Taylor and Three Rayborne should contend for NW4A conference championship..Taylor is one of the best lefties in the state..he beat ACHS 2 times last season and the only kid ACHS had that could hit Taylor graduated last year...

South Caldwell will probably finish 2d in the conference unless they did some heavy recruiting to get someone from Alex. and West. Reid is good, Payne(ACHS) is better...

if ACHS wins conference it will not be because of the head coach...there is a lot of question marks here??? can Payne and Teague stay healthy? Will Kinnard be content to be a closer? Will Comer use Corbet? with no consistancy on the coaching staff, can they be a winning team? Perhaps Mr. B and Coach Harper should be running the baseball program..

AC Reynolds had a new coach last season and lost some key players, but they will upset some teams this season..

Freedom was young last year and will make some noise this season..

East Burke lost their pitching staff last season...

Watauga..Coach Hardee will have his team ready this year...lost pitching staff, but Greene will do a great job behind the plate...always a hitting team...
    They still won't hit Payne(ACHS)...There will be no "sucker punches" this year...

8. allrightnow

allrightnow Free

Freedom finally has a new coach in Jeff Williams. Hopefully he can push the Patriots into being a contender this year.

9. bball23

10. bball23

Playme What do you mean if ACHS wins the conf. it will sot be because of the head coach? Do you think think the head coach is not capable of handling the job or is it the new coaches you've talked about that you're not sure of? I agree Taylor is good but I think AC will handle him ok this year. You said Mcdowell would contend and South would probably finish second. Do you think AC will contend or are you saying they will finish third? I think it will be a great conf. again this year and hard to win as usual. From what I've heard and read this should be the most talented team they have had in years. Would you agree? :banana: