1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Northwestern 4A

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by MOOSE, Dec 2, 2003.

1. rams12bb

rams12bb Full Access Member

I am familiar with Gary Comer, Jeff Parham, and Pete Hardee very well. All three are great coaches and will have their teams prepared. It is a joy to watch baseball in this conference because with these three, it doesn't matter what talent they do or don't have, they finish at or near the top. Throw McDowell in there also, and you've got 4 teams capable of winning the conference every year.

2. playme

playme Full Access Member

ACHS had as much talent last year as this year..any coach could take this team and make the play-offs, all the starters this year were on the team last year.. they lost 3 conf. games to lefties,( Taylor twice, Nigro once)...Taylor beat ACHS 2 times last year; ACHS beat him in the conf. tourney,(3d time). McDowell has been a hitting team and they will again this year. If they find a pitcher to compliment Taylor they could make it very interesting..

Coach Hardee always has his team ready to play.. his pitching staff graduated last year but they will hit and play hard..they could upset somebody this year.
    they play a rugged pre-conf. schedule.

S. Caldwell is always around the top, have a good coach, and a lot of fan support..they will need help if they finish on top this year.

Watch out for AC Reynolds..they will upset some teams if they are overlooked..same with Freedom

there will be some good baseball played in the NW4A this year

3. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

Does anyone know what South Caldwell has this year other than Ried?

4. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

South Caldwell will have a strong team as always but will need at least one more good pitcher to go with Reid and Coffey. Lots of good young players coming up again but they will lack a little in experience this year. Morris is the catcher and is very good. The Hall kid plays for Alexander. AC will be really tough this year. I look for them to win the conference with a team loaded with senoirs that can play. Very strong pitching staff. This could finally be their year. Great freshman class for SC this year and even better coming next year.

5. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

Hall came and played legion for caldwell 2 years ago because Taylorsville didn't have a team that year. I guess he just decided to stay there this year since he had started playing with them. He may have not been able to switch back don't know for sure. As for AC pitching they also have a guy named Heafner who when I saw him pitch looked as good as Payne. I hope SC can win the conference again but my pick right now would have to go to Alexander. As far as the playoffs go AC could do well if they can stay out of trouble. They had a good shot at it last year and one dumb mistake cost them a lot. Hopefully they will use their heads along with their skills this year. Except when they play us. Only kidding guys wish you alot of luck this year but I will be pulling for SC

6. playme

i am here golf...scfan is correct...Hall opted to play for Caldwell legion instead of T'ville last summer...A.C. kids didn't like it especially when, after T'Ville defeated Caldwell, he acted the way he did...lets just say he was not happy..

scfan, by trouble are you thinking about the "sucker punch", by Watauga's pitcher? TBR will not reopen this and it is better to let it lie. Coach Hardee took full responsibility for what happened.. it is over and done with..

i am not an expert on the NW4A and do not claim to be...i know most if not all the ACHS kids and how talented they are..they are probably the most talented team at ACHS in the last 10 years..but that does not spell championship...they do have weaknesses...

a new coach at Freedom spells higher expectations and increased enthusiasm by the team there, they will upset somebody this year..

A.C. Reynolds will won't finish on the bottom either...they will be tough too...

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

hahahaha...that's a good one!!!..... Playme = Peter Gammons....oh so true

...and golf..could you give us a detailed scouting report on Wautaga?

8. playme

hehehehe golf i told you....peter gammons?.....geesh pleeeeease....coffee is good at the "Coffee House" on 16 south..

Coach Pete Hardee is by far one of the best pitching coaches i know.....reminds me, kinda sorta of someone named ....Tom House.. Coach Hardee sounds like he knows what he is talking about...btw, did you know Coach Hignight was his assistant? they were awesome together..

SC will try to ride Reid's arm...poor kid they have ridden it for 2 years already...ACHS ate him for the last 2 years...and this past legion season the juniors and sophs ate Coffee...if their hitting is down expect McDowell, Watauga, Freedom, or Reynolds to battle it out for 3d..

Burke..key word "flame thrower", that means he is hittable...a pitcher knows how to throw so the ball can be hit...saves the arm and rotator cuff...not to mention less pitches per inning...

golf... i like my coffee..black, straight, and served by a nice waitress...

9. playme

Coach Hignight is the Providence coach and one of the best hitting coaches in the state...has been an assistant at South Mech...great guy...

are you saying coffee Tuesday evening? hhhhmmmmmm sounds interesting..what is going to come out of this meeting?

10. rams12bb

rams12bb Full Access Member

Hignight was the hitting coach at Watauga several years ago before going to the Charlotte area. I believe he played at Alexander Central during high school.