1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NOT A POPULAR STANCE ON THIS BOARD

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by EnkaJet04, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trojan

Trojan Banned From TBR

Accusing someone of breaking the rules is certainly within the rights of someone who thinks they have evidence of the rules being violated. Being a nice guy, being loved or being a winning coach doesn't give him a pass to break the rules.

Whenever there is a dispute between two schools, it's the NCHSAA's job to investigate.

You should learn the rules before you post. Filming is okay, using electronic means to steal signals and make coaching decisions during a game is not.

2. Trojan

Trojan Banned From TBR

You call the Hopewell coach crazy but want everyone to lay off Sherrill.

Do you ever read what you post?

3. Trojan

Trojan Banned From TBR

I guess you missed or forgot about this...

Coach Monte Sherrill of Central Cabarrus softball fame was recently raked over the coals for allowing his team to score 55 runs (33 in the first inning and 22 in the second) on 43 hits in two innings against West Charlotte. Perhaps I should not say ‘allowing his team.’ He did a number of things to try to hold the score down, however many people feel that what happened was inexcusable. In fact he was suspended for two games for ‘personal matters’ according to a statement made by the AD.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  4. HSFAN

HSFAN Full Access Member

Old News

This all seems to be old news with Webster trying to motivate his team.This story about filming is so far out of line, it takes a crazy person to even think all this could take place.With technology so advanced a camera on a lift to spy is funny.you wouldn't need something so obvious if a team wanted to cheat.This is Webster style it even goes back to when Gina was freshman and he had the umpire stop the game and check her hand ,said she was using something on it to gain an advantage,this was in extra innings and that was bad enough but the umpire actually did it,so it's something to be expected from him.I'm not guessing he done this, it is a fact.Enough said about all of this,let the kids play and if the NCHS was contacted and find there was a violation I'm sure they will handle it.

5. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

agree

I agree with HSFAN, if the wheels of justice are rolling, enough said. Let it go and let's all see where it ends up at.

6. cougar man

cougar man Full Access Member

Trojan,
    No, I didnt miss or forget W. Charlotte. CC could be doing that many times over if they chose to. He tries to keep that from happening when he can.
    It will be hard to prove what signals Payne was giving. Maybe he was taking to his girlfriend. We dont know do we!!!!

7. Purple Haze

Purple Haze Full Access Member

I can tell you for a fact that Coach Webster had nothing to do with this tape, or sending it in to the governing bodies. This tape was made by a Hopewell parent, who Coach Webster told the next day that he would not get involved with this incident, and that if this parent wanted to persue it that the parent would have to do it himself.

8. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

I think enough has been said on this subject. I think it is time to move on and use the Softball Forum in a positive way.

9. mountainball

mountainball Full Access Member

Amen Comet.... Keep it positive and informative... This issue is getting old and none of us have any control over the outcome.... Move on and let's support the girls on the fields and the coaches in the dugouts.... Cheer on ole faithful fans everywhere!!! :ylsuper:

10. outlaw31

outlaw31 Banned From TBR

DOWN with Smiles!!!

Come on folks. Nothing wrong with a little bad blood. Sometimes I quit reading the site because of all the fluffy butterflies and endless smiles that you folks add to a "informational forum." If someone can put up smiles and hugs and crap about how great she is or how great they are...why can't we ask a few questions when a problem arises?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.