1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NOT A POPULAR STANCE ON THIS BOARD

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by EnkaJet04, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. softball nut

softball nut Full Access Member

Heard Enough

I've set back & heard both sides & know kids on both sides who I think alot of.I really believe that CC was using film for later.Anyway how would this stop HW from getting hits,or scoring runs?6-0 sounds to me like a sound win.If it was 2-1,etc,I might would understand.To me , sounds like HW coach needs to work on hitting .HW yall need to get yourselves a camera for Friday!

2. Trojan

Trojan Banned From TBR

Nah, they are all correct - this is a Coach Sherrill is the greatest forum and all other coaches too - that is except for the Hopewell coach.

I don't know when I have seen more hypocrtical posting than I have on this topic.

3. Trojan

Trojan Banned From TBR

So, you are saying it's okay to cheat if the other team can't hit and if you can't hit you ought to cheat?

4. softball nut

softball nut Full Access Member

Like LBlues has said,you cannot say it was cheating until proven.We're supposed to be proven guilty not proven innocent.I believe the truth will come out, & I hope it's soon.

5. Trojan

Trojan Banned From TBR

I think you are the one who suggested it didn't matter if CC cheated because Hopewell couldn't hit and you posted, "yall need to get yourselves a camera for Friday!"

Thus, it appears to me you support cheating.

6. baseballfanalways

baseballfanalways Full Access Member

Let's not lose sight

softball nut
    "To me , sounds like HW coach needs to work on hitting .HW yall need to get yourselves a camera for Friday!"

First of all, this is not a site to attack the players. The players have nothing to do with this. I am appalled at all of the immaturity and lack of respect for the players from multiple parties. They work just as hard as the other teams, and no one ever took ability or respect away from Central's players. They are a good team, rankings have proved this. Please don't lose sight of who softball is really for. This needs to be over, it was a parent's doing and not the players, so please don't take their pride away from them.

No one doubts that Coach Sherrill and Coach Webster are good coaches and want the best for their teams. The fact is, this whole controversy is a done deal. Let the players play and good luck to both teams!

7. titan

titan Junior Member

Guys, first I am a Titan fan and I was at the game. Most of the people responding were not, except Coach Sherrill. He says the he was evaluating HIS team but the signals were being given ONLY while his team was batting NOT when they were in the field which doesn't fit with his explanation of his system. I saw it myself along with A LOT of other people. That's why the whole thing seems SO stupid and the phones are ringing off the hook in Raleigh. If he is as good a coach as everybody is claiming, why would he show such poor judgement and risk his teams credibility? I think he's a great X and O's coach but lacks common sense sometimes which is why he gets in trouble so much. What purpose could you have for giving signals while your team is ON the field with their backs to you anyway. If that was the case, the coach on the camera could have just spoke the numbers into the microphone and it would have broken the rule about using electronics DURING a game. It just doesn't add up folks. In defense of the HW coach and team. You need to leave them out of it. They were not the ones that initiated this mess. The reporter was at the game and the parents noticed it. Webster didn't even try to launch a protest after the game. I think they have handled it with dignaty. If you notice, Coach Web had very short coments and he had the opportunity to blast Sherrill if he wanted. Kudos to him. I think the HW girls are using this as inspiration, Friday's game at HW should be interesting along with the outcome of this mess.

8. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

I just hope and pray that the players and coaches will focus on the game Friday, not whats been going on in this thread.

9. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

Believe it or not I really did not intend to flame the fires of Pro or Con where it concerns Monte. I just stated that if everybody thought the filming was to steal signs then a simple pair of binoculars could do the same thing and evidently must be legal within the crazy rules of the NCHSAA. And I do agree that a little passion on here pro or against something is ok as long as its not calling out things that are not proven. I don't want to see this forum go back to the AC thread a couple years back but yes it is ok to talk about these things and to have an opinion one way or the other. Rodney, thanks for chiming in on my viewpoint good or bad and sorry if you got called out for your statement.

10. Central Vikings

Central Vikings Member

I don't think Hopewell is the only one using this as inspiration... If you think that you don't have a clue... Which you don't I might add... At the end of the day Sherrill we be holding all the hardware :trophy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.