1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Not playing high school ball...does it matter?

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by rebelassistant, Jan 31, 2008.

1. rebelassistant

rebelassistant Junior Member

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Matter in what way? to lose the feeling of pride and excitement to play for your school/community? to lose an opportunity to play with your friends? to not having an opportunuty to play in a big HS rival game?

or do you mean is it something you must do to play at the next level?

But either way, one misses out on a great experience (good or bad school team) not to play.

3. softball4ever1987

softball4ever1987 Proud Mama

I can only say....

I am so proud of my DD for sticking out 4 years of complete and utter TORTURE from the HS team experience! Could I have done it?, I DON'T Know! She has got to be the most resilient person I have ever met! She has extreme determination, to not let others stand in the way of her goals!! HS ball should offer the experiences that Braves listed but it can also offer the most horrible experience known to GIRL KIND (and Parent Kind)!
    Does it matter as far as playing at the next level? I think it does to some Coaches and it doesn't to some Coaches! I mean you want to be able to list on that college application all the activities that you were involved in, in order to show that you are a well rounded person. You want to show that perspective college that you will fit into the entire college experience! They want to know that you are a good academic student, a talented athlete and a team player! JOO
    When it is all said and done, you have to do what you feel is BEST for you or your DD!

4. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

JMHO

I think one objective in playing high school ball gives the individual a way in staying in shape. So your team isn't all that great at least your body can be !! I want get into the good or bad about coaching or programs,but the exercise is a plus especially for young women to help strengthen bone mass !!!

:jumprope::th_10_8_12:---NO !!!

5. Daddydobber*

Daddydobber* Where Did He Go ???

Riding with the :arabia: on this !!!!!

6. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

Hey

Hey Daddy"D" its about time to get cranked up again !!!:satana:

GURU

7. chachacha

chachacha Full Access Member

I don't believe it would hurt a player as far as the next level goes.

8. Crazecoach

Crazecoach For HIS Glory...

Our high school.....

My DD's high school could get beat by many strong 12u or solid 14u travel ball teams(IMHO). The coaching(rec.,high school, middle school) in years past along with poor equipment has run a lot of decent players off. With only a hand full of girls who have ever played "serious ball", I am concerned with her practices during school ball. My biggest fear is going from one extreme to the other with school vs our travel team! It is hard for my DD to play for a team that is not serious and wants to goof off and just get their picture in the year book. We do have a new coach and they just hired a new assistant to also do a jv if the numbers are there, maybe things will change??????

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  9. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

playing hs ball was a "fun" time for my dd. travel ball was serious, but hs was a period of playing ball with her hs friends, against her tb friends, enjoyable yet serious times and i dont think she would have ever not thought about playing hs ball.

10. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Folks!!!!.........he's back:fan_wave2: