1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Not playing high school ball...does it matter?

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by rebelassistant, Jan 31, 2008.

1. deacdiddy

deacdiddy Junior Member

What about it coach L?

Two from ND got scholarships without playing at ND....oopps! I should correct that. One of the two recieved a "Ride" after walking on at Pembroke. ....sweet irony.....huh?:bowdown2:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  2. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

welcome deacdiddy to this board rocks softball forum

3. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

HUH ???

What's your POINT ????:detective:

Guru

4. deacdiddy

deacdiddy Junior Member

my point

The thread asks the question, is HS ball necessary? This was just the best example I could think of as far as HS ball not being necessary.:bulb2:

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I took the thread to ask "does it matter"? Matter for what? to get to the next level? No, so in that sense it is not necessary. But the thread title opens
    many areas of discussion outside of "is it necessary". Does it matter to your friends? Does it matter to your school? Does it matter to your community? Does it matter to yourself?

6. deacdiddy

deacdiddy Junior Member

In these two girls situations, playing high school ball would have mattered to them greatly as far as their parents and friends watching them play. They would have loved to play for ND, but that was out of their control. So you girls out there who for some reason out of your control only get to play TB, don't give up on that dream!:two-cents:

7. cdhs3Bno9

cdhs3Bno9 Member

Davidson County

In Davidson County High School Ball is definitely a HUGE part of our community. I love it. We have so many great coaches. I love travel ball too, but sometimes I feel like High School is much more intense for me and some of the players on our team. On my high school team, the work ethic is there way more than on my travel ball team.

8. fence

fence Full Access Member

DD signed at end of junior year
    did not want to play hs ball as senior
    college coach didnt care
    no reason to play as senior, no benefit, tb filled her need
    dad wanted her to play, so she did
    blew out her elbow, never played in college
    biggest regret of my life
    so in retrospect
    hs ball of no importance other than practice for tb in her situation
    others may be different

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

fence- I am truly sorry what happened to your daughter, but an elbow injury can happen to anyone at any time. It's been my personal experience with an elbow injury, if your DD did not play HS, it would have occured during TB.

Which brings me to an interesting question. In this day and age, when Tommy John Surgery has become prevalent in baseball, why are the talented DD's that suffer from torn elbow ligaments not seeking this surgery? Is it because DD's don't want surgery (I completely understand that) or lack of knowledge what this procedure can do for you?

For those that have the strong desire to continue to play at the next level, this procedure is a "miracle" versus the option of never playing again.

10. fence

fence Full Access Member

braves
    Andrews did the surgery
    Amy was the first girl he had done
    we waited until after senior season to have it done, our mistake should have done it during sr season, but team had no other pitcher, so i asked her to play, all the community reasons,
    went 6 hrs to college, noone to place the proper size boot up her buttt to do her rehab, end of career, didnt want to play if she couldnt pitch, didnt do the rehab to pitch again,
    but on the brighter side, after flounderting for a couple of years , and 3 colleges later has found her focus, and will graduate college after 6 or 7 or 8 years with changes in major, lol
    the lessons of softball have pulled her through in a circuitiuos(sp) way
    work hard, think it through, keep plugging

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008