1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NPC 2009

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by PutMeInCoach, Jan 7, 2009.

1. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Ditto Travis,,,,, Westboy, I was going to mention that you said absolutely nothing about East Rowan having the Ijames' brothers, you DO KNOW those boys transferred to East, don't you? East is definitely the favorite until someone knocks them off.

As for Mooresville folk wanting to know why outsiders are picking West Rowan over Mooresville for 2nd place, the way I see it, it really comes down simply to "proven" pitching. Mooresville's top 2 pitchers last year both graduated, so yes I'm sure Mooresville will have great pitching but it will be "new blood" compared to what West Rowan can counter. West Rowan simply has the Simpson kid (Rowan Co Legion's ace), and now they have added Shepherd (AppSt signee),,, thats 2 "proven" studs who have been there. Mooresville may beat West everytime they play, but the pitching advantage definitely belongs to West Rowan when discussing these 2 teams.

Of course these 4 teams will all have great matchups,,,, and I still say that yes Shive (East) is good, but IMO Lamiscola (Lake Norman) is the best pitcher in the league, and he'll probably throw all these big games for Lake Norman. Can't wait.

2. west boy

west boy Full Access Member

Yeah I know that the Ijames brothers are there, I just forgot to mention it, oops. East would've been good without them, but with them, they are just that much better. I hope that they mesh well with the East boys considering they haven't played together with legion. I wonder if they plan on playing legion ball this year instead of that Palomino umm (stuff). I agree, West now has two proven solid pitchers, which to me, elevates them ahead of Mooresville, but not far ahead. Like I mentioned before, it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

3. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

West,

I have heard that both Ijames are planning on playing Legion this year, as is Corbin Shive. From what I have been told, the players at East just want to take care of unfinished business, and everyone is meshing well.

TJ,

Pretty bold statement saying Lamiscola is better than Shive. Could be however, considering Shive is coming back from the surgery. I think Lake Norman could be the team that could suprise some folks. I think they only graduated three (same as East) and Lamiscola is a shutdown pitcher. I think he signed with Catawba, which by the way, has landed a great class after having 3 players drafted last year.

East will be tested early with games against Mt. Tabor, West Forsyth, and North Davidson. Last year, I remember East wasn't ranked by Impact or the Charlotte Observer in their polls and everyone on this board was is disbelief. They really dropped off folks' radar once they had two close setbacks at the hands of ND and WF before rallying to close the year on a tremendous streak. I hope they get the recognition they deserve this year, along with the rest of the NPC.

4. BaSeBaLlLoVeR11

BaSeBaLlLoVeR11 Full Access Member

corbin shive is a great pitcher and well be very good again this year no dout. but lomascola is the best pitcher in the npc and i would take it all the way to best in 3a. def the best lefty at least. he is going to catawba along side ross whitney the #2 for lake norman. obviously their 1,2 punch both signed with catawba. Any game loma pitches lake norman can win.

5. tj21

tj21 Moderator

travis, just callin it like I see it,,,, Shive and Lamiscola are clearly the top 2 pitchers in the league. I wouldn't cry if I had either one, but I really think Lamiscola has some of the best stuff around,,,, and Jim Gant got a gem when Lamiscola committed to Catawba.

6. west boy

west boy Full Access Member

Both these pitchers are pretty top notch. I would have to give the nod to Corbin (biased I know :) ) but Nick is not far behind. Both of them get lots of strikeouts. I'm sure they will match head to head this year numerous times. Yes Gantt definitely got a steal when Nick committed to Catawba, but he usually does, that's why Cat-U has one of the top d2 schools annually.

7. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

East Rowan vs. Lake Norman, Friday April 3

7pm

Staton Field

I would think this would match the two on the mound. The jayvees play at 4pm the same day in GQ.

8. BaSeBaLlLoVeR11

BaSeBaLlLoVeR11 Full Access Member

there will be plenty of good matchups this year between those top 4 teams. if they dont match up it will still be a good game.

9. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Plenty of great head to head matchups this year in this league. Think about it, one of these teams who has honest (and legitimate) state championship aspirations is going to finish 3rd in their own league, possibly 4th.

10. spikesup

spikesup Love the game

West Rowan

They have another known key player joining their already excellent team!