1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NPC Scores

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by ForTheLoveOfTheGame, Mar 8, 2009.

1. rocker21

rocker21 Junior Member

scores of 3a baseball

does anyone know the score of the glenn game tonight it was Northwest Guilford vs. Glenn?

2. west boy

west boy Full Access Member

Well tough loss for the Falcons tonight, but close game at an opposing field. Let's not throw in the towel just yet on West. I still feel like this will be a team to be reckoned with as the year progresses. They are 0-3 overall and 0-1 in the NPC, but the season is still very young. For example, UNC basketball started out 0-2 this year and everybody jumped ship, well look where they are now, ACC league champs. West just might be slightly overrated, but let's not pass judgment quite yet. Mooresville is a good team and everyone knew coming into the season that 1-4 were very good and any could beat any of those and looked what happened. Mooresville still has to come to Mt. Ulla. Coach Wright will have these boys gelling and playing well together soon. There is too much talent on this team for it not to happen. Well I will get of my soap box now. Have a great night.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  3. Baseball14

Baseball14 Baseball is Life!!!

I agree with you West Boy, the falcons do have a lot of talent this year. I had just expected a better start from them considering the very high preseason predictions and expectations. Also, the win for Mooresville tonight goes to show that the NPC is definitely going to be a very tough conference again this season. With conference horses such as west rowan, east rowan, mooresville and lake norman anything can happen. This could turn out to be an interesting season in the NPC.

4. tj21

tj21 Moderator

PutMeInCoach, Fortheloveofthegame, and all you other Mooresville brethren (yes even you Moonpie),,,,,, sorry I didn't see your invite until this morning, but I was there, it was truly a great game, and CONGRATS to Mooresville for pulling it out in dramatic fashion. Truth is, I thought you guys were going to run away with it early in the 1st inning, I knew you guys had sticks, and you jumped on Shepherd pretty good (4 runs) in 1st, was impressive. West Rowan's reliever (DJ Webb?) came in and did a fantastic job shutting you guys down from the 4th thru the 9th. I've watched all those Meadows boys and West boys for so long, when yall pulled within 6-5, tying run on base and Dylan came up, I just had a feeling because he's had so many big hits for you guys over the years, and his gamewinning 2-run HR with 2 outs was great to watch for Mooresville, but equally tough for West Rowan.

I don't agree that West Rowan is too overrated, maybe slightly. They've played 3 very good teams in their 3 losses, and they just aren't getting the big hits and they're throwing it around a bit carelessly right now. I never said they had the pitching the caliber of Shive/Lamoscola, but they got quality, and they'll still win a lot of ballgames because Coach Wright does a fine job over there.

Btw, I back down on my one single question mark about Mooresville this year, starting pitching. I can admit that some of you were right about pitching by committee being good enough. I still don't think you have that big game stopper, but Aaron Meadows pitched well enough to beat anybody last night, and your relievers were all good enough (with your sticks) that Mooresville will win a lot of ballgames this year.

Last thing is, (man like we been saying all preseason) if this first game is any indication of all the head-to-head encounters between you 2, East Rowan and Lake Norman,,, these concession stands are going to have to start cooking more hotdogs. Great crowd last night, great game.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I wouldn't be too concerned about WR's record at this point. The only record that counts is the 0-1 conference record...no big deal.

Last year there was a playoff team that intentionally scheduled tough opponents at the beginning of the year to make them stronger for conference. They got off to an 0-5 start and went deep into the playoffs.

6. BaSeBaLlLoVeR11

BaSeBaLlLoVeR11 Full Access Member

3/10 Lake Norman 23 vs Forbush 8 final 6 innings

Lake norman wins 23-8 setting record for most runs in a game in school history.

Tyler Lewis(2010) threw 3 innings allowing 4 hits 1 walk 5 k's and 3 runs 2 earned. He was relieved by Josh Hennesse(2009) who pitched 2/3 of an inning giving up 5 runs. Taylor Thurber(2011) came in to throw the final 2 1/3 giving up no runs.

Offensively

Donnie Burt(2009) hit his 2nd homerun of the season.

Joe faist(2009) was 4-5 his 4 hits tied a school record.
    [​IMG]

7. BaSeBaLlLoVeR11

3/11/09

Lake Norman 2 Ashebrook 0

Lake Norman's ace Nick Lomascola (2009 Catawba Signee) threw 6 1/3 of no hit, shutout baseball while allowing 2 walks. He was relieved by Ross Whitley(2009 Catawba Signee) who struckout 2 of the 3 batters he faced while giving up 1 walk.

Not much offensively for either squad. Kevin Gradert (2009) scored on a overthrown ball to third.
    [​IMG]

8. Baseball14

Baseball14 Baseball is Life!!!

And the "high school version of the Yankees" (as stated in the Salisbury Post) lost again today as they took on West Forsyth. This puts the Falcons at 0-4.

9. BaSeBaLlLoVeR11

im sorry to hear that about wr, i assume they just need time to gell and will get it together.

10. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

West Rowan 0-4

"What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger."