1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NPC vs. SPC

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Wufman, Mar 14, 2003.

1. rcbbfan

rcbbfan Full Access Member

I'll say one thing for Kannapolis, they're certainly a better team than their current conference record would indcate. They are capable of beating anybody on a given day. A good win for the Wonders. Congrats to the boys in green.

2. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Bowers went 4 innings , behind 5-4 , Carithers went 2 innings and left in the 7th score tied 8-8 and Sherrill shut them out thru the 11th, on a sprained ankle that was heavily taped.
    This game should have been over much earlier but questionable calls made by umpires took runners out of scoring position, and i was right behind the homeplate ump , and the strike zone changed from pitch to pitch , who knew what to swing at.
    There was great play by both teams inthis game, i dont know the stats , but i do know Sherrill with that side-arm delivery was very effective .
    One of the best defensive plays made was with no outs and a runner on second , the ball was hit deep to center and Worthington tracked it down made a great running catch and thru the ball to the waiting Bartles and the relay to Boger at third was in time to get the runner who had tagged.
    I might be wrong , but i think Petty drove in the winning runs with a 2 out double in the 11th.

This Kannapolis team is very fun to watch , and all the losses have been close but 1 and it was close until late in the game against NWC.
    A NEVER SAY DIE TEAM

3. K-Town-Yankee

K-Town-Yankee Full Access Member

This Wonder team that usually starts four sophs has played some great ball this season.If they can get a win over Mooresville and make the playoffs this team could make some noise.

4. Wufman

Wufman Full Access Member

NPC vs. SPC........

Well after the 1st day of the Cabarrus County Easter Tournament, JMRobinson(SPC) has defeated Piedmont and earned the right to play Northwest Cabarrus(NPC). Then Concord(SPC) upset a very good Mt.Pleasant team and will face Kannapolis(NPC) in the 2nd semifinal game. This is what "some" have been waiting for,,,, 2 SPC teams vs. 2 NPC teams....

4pm: JMRobinson(SPC) vs. Northwest Cabarrus(NPC)
    7pm: Concord(SPC) vs. Kannapolis(NPC)

Let's play ball!!!

p.s. Would I make anyone mad if I "go ahead now" and pick an "all-NPC" final for tomorrow? :D :D :D

Last edited: Apr 22, 2003
  5. BaseballFan6

BaseballFan6 Junior Member

Yes you would make me kinda mad. Both SPC teams have a chance. Both comming off very big wins and i believe JMR can take NW. We will see at 4. But i do believe that who ever wins the NW vs JMR game is the champion!!!!

6. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Well, neither SPC team was ever in these games.

Kannapolis vs Northwest at 7pm tomorrow night .

7. Wufman

Wufman Full Access Member

Cabarrus Easter Tournament Final Scores...

Semifinal Final Scores:
    Northwest Cabarrus-9 over JMRobinson-2
    Kannapolis-7 over Concord-1

Championship game scheduled for Wed. April 23/ 7pm
    Kannapolis vs. Northwest Cabarrus