1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NSA Final Fling (Morganton)

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Ghost Rider, Nov 18, 2007.

1. erms

erms Full Access Member

Wakefield made an outstanding effort on the HR. She initially slipped and fell on her first step back and was able to recover, get back to the fence, and you can see from the pics how close she came to making the play. (Also pitched well during her time on the mound.)
    ERMS

2. rsb1999

rsb1999 Full Access Member

The Lady Tiger pitchers have been very tough to hit in the tournaments I have had a chance to watch. I had some doubt about Taylor Shelton being able to go after the collision at home in the Cobras game, but she pitched well on a very sore leg against the Heat on a cold night. Kudos to Julia Wakefield coming in to close it!
    The lens on our camera kept a fog on it most of the day.

Attached Files:

3. ladiesbballfan

ladiesbballfan Full Access Member

With a pitching staff of Chalk, Wakefield, Shelton, and Laxton, I can understand how they have been hard to hit. I would like to add that Ashley Rhyne and Laura Hopper both pitched very well for us, and didn't give up a lot of hits. Hopper struck out 13 in the 9 inning game against a very good Phoenix team. Between the Tigers, Heat, and Phoenix, there several players who will play at the next level, some who have already signed. There are some who are good enough, who may choose not to pursue it, but many will be playing.

We didn't get the pictures we usually do, but here's most of my "fun bunch" who were playing this weekend: Hopper, Barrett, Leo, and B. Harrell completed their 70th game Saturday night, all with fantastic attitudes and great effort every game! :hurray:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  4. ladiesbballfan

ladiesbballfan Full Access Member

Oops, maybe this will work?

Attached Files:

• Team.JPG
      Team.JPG
      File size:
      178.7 KB
      Views:
  5. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Full Access Member

Great Job Heat

Great pictures and those games were alot of fun this week-end, But was very cold Sat. night

6. rsb1999

rsb1999 Full Access Member

I agree. Ashley pitched a very good game. Laura is tough as nails, never got frustrated. Plus, they are both great kids and I have no doubt both will play at the next level.

7. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Full Access Member

I must say with a Pitching staff of 4 and sometimes 5 it can be hard to keep them all happy but Coach Shane and Coach JJ have done a great job keeping all the players happy. Playing time is equal between all. Its been alot of fun this fall. Season over but we've already started work-outs for next year. Really looking forward to 2008.

:kid:

8. IMPACT

IMPACT Junior Member

Final Fling

What no pics of the party in the clubhouse. Way to go to all the tiger players.