1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NSA State in Rock Hill

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by tarheels72, Jul 6, 2007.

1. SoftballManiac

SoftballManiac Junior Member

Results?

18's

1st Denver Dazzle (Shoemaker)
    2nd Charlotte Cobras
    3rd CV Storm (I think)

14's
    1st Magic and Carolina Attitude (tie)
    3rd Lady Blues and Lady Titans (tie)

16'
    1st Dirt Dobbers
    2nd Carolina Attitude
    3rd ?

2. The Hedgehog

The Hedgehog Full Access Member

lol

Not a drop.....which was good....grass was high enough after the down pour Saturday.....

3. sftball66

sftball66 Junior Member

16s
    1st place was Denver Dazzle coach short they went undefeated.

4. ladiesbballfan

ladiesbballfan Full Access Member

I don't think they were undefeated, but did beat a good Ricochet team from up in the mountains, who were older and had good pitching. Anyway, the Dazzle did beat them, so we would have squared off against Ricochet again in the loser's bracket finals, after losing to them 3-0 and 2-1 (once in pool, and once in bracket). Our 4 wins came because the ladies played well, and played hard!

5. JCJKBJR

JCJKBJR Member

Thanks For the compliment to the Unknown Ricochets

We did need the Rain and thank You lord for it But We wish we could have finished out the tournament.
    Our girls (Ricochet) really enjoyed all of the Great Folks down in the Piedmont,
    Thank you Coach Short For stopping and at the gate and chatting during the raindelay on Sunday. We wish Allie the best in her recovery from surgery, She has made huge strides with the unfortunate injury. I know she will be back at full speed soon. She is a Great Kid ! as were all of the young ladies we played against this weekend.
    We really enjoyed the Sunday Worship Service Howard put in place for Sunday Mourning. Even with out the sound it was nice to have things in perspective and what a great message for our Girls to hear Because as it always goes one mistake and the Rain Out took our hopes of winng the State title. It could not have been a better message for all of us to hear.
    Hopefully we will get a chance to redeem our selves in a couple of weeks at the World Series.

6. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

welcome JCJKBJR to this board rocks softball forum. hope you do well in the world series.

cheeze

7. sftball66

sftball66 Junior Member

i cant complain to much about the tournament this weekend except for the fact that we didnt get to finish it. But it did rain real bad saturday and sunday and outfields were still flooded sunday morning so im not surprised we couldnt finish it.

8. RagLady33

RagLady33 Junior Member

16u Denver Dazzle Gold

The denver dazzle Gold Did Go undefeated in bracket play and 1-1 in pool play. They lost 6-3 to the MSA Maniacs in pool play by beat them 8-0 in the bracket. Great Weekend for Both the 16u Dazzle as well as the 18u Dazzle (Shoemaker). Dazzle Rocks:bath:

9. WLfan

WLfan Full Access Member

Congrats to the Dazzle, and hats off to the Ricochet! I really hate that the rain prevented the rest of the tournament to play out, would have been very interesting. The FootHills Heat was for sure still in the running, a very scrappy, talented new team coached by Barry Latham. They played great against the Ricochet, who lost one to the Dazzle, which lost one to the Maniacs, whom the Heat defeated on Sunday..........so could have been some more nail biting...ha. Dazzle was awarded first place, Ricochet second, and Heat third. Fun tournament from the fan perspective without a doubt, and very glad to see a time of worship to the King incorporated into the deal. Really appreciate the local youth pastor giving his time to come out and deliver a powerful message to the girls and their families, and very good singing from the young man accompanying him.

10. Crazecoach

Crazecoach For HIS Glory...

14u B comment

I just wanted to congratulate ALL the teams that were left after Sunday morning games. In an earlier post this year, someone said why do we(TBR members) only post when we win.....? Ok, so now I will post because we lost and with no excusses. My DD plays on the Flames 14u. We played really well Friday and Saturday and made it through with some mistakes. Sunday morning was a new day and you can't make mistakes and win against great teams. My hat is off to Rocky and the Curse as well as the NC Dominators for their wins against our team. Both games were hard fought and came down to mistakes and who could hit "water logged" balls. LOL

Also Congrats to Rocky, Steve, and Artie from the Chicks. Way to rebound from Saturday and come back. I said in an earlier post that this team would be strong sometime this year.

And finally it was a real blessing to have former players come up to me and just talk. It was'nt always about softball, but dad's, coaches, ipod songs, school, past memories, etc. It really made my day! I felt bad for stepping down as a coach after last year, but knew it was best for my DD. But to hear other players and former player's parents talk nice to me and about me was really special. I will stop now before I cry.....LOL

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007