1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW 3A/4A

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Shutout18, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Shutout18

Shutout18 Full Access Member

Just wanted to see what everyone thought about this conference and where everyone will finish.....

Little things I do know

Watauga is returning the conf pitcher of the year in Dylan Norris. Great arm and tough to beat.

Alexander will be returning the player of the year in Luke Lasalle.

Hickory will have Poole and some more pitching.

South will be able to swing it and be tough when Hatten and Greer are on the bump.

So lets hear what everyone thinks

2. PUP

PUP Full Access Member

My 2 cents worth

1 South Caldwell- they return 7 starters and move up an undefeated jv team, pitching may be down a bit but should hit it and field it well, very deep and exp. team.

2 Watauga-very talented and well coached, good pitching Norris and Turner, Linville should replace Hardee at short and Martin can really hit it.

3 A. Central- As stated earlier top player in conf. returns in Lasalle I also believe Millsaps returns as well. These 3 teams are virtually a toss up, 2 years ago they tied for the jv crown, so they are very close.

4 Hickory- I think Hickory and Saint will battle for 4 and 5 and i will give the edge to hickory only because of there pitching,Poole and Whaley should be tough.

5 Saint Stephens-Really like there coach and the way they play, big kid at 1st and catcher, Hoyle and Bumgarner, this team could be a sleeper.

6 Fred T Foard- Ftf and Hibriten should battle for 6th and 7th and FTF because they have more pitching and were more competitive last year.

7 Hibriten-Too good of a team to be picked 7th, and if they had some guys who pitched ony they would be higher. When your ss or catcher has to pitch you will be weaker defensively. Beard, Turner, Mcgarvey and Ingle could have big years.

Top to bottom this should be a comp. league, very good coaches maybe not as much talent as the sw4a but much smaller talent pool to choose from. jmo

3. central-d

central-d Full Access Member

South Caldwell has always been and will always be the team to beat in this conference. Different teams challenge them from year to year but it is always them and one or two of the others fighting for the title. No different this year. Alexander and Watagua will challenge SC. I think Hibriten will be at the bottom with the others fighting for the middle spots

4. mathcoach

mathcoach Member

Does anyone have names of players and stats to backup these predictions?

5. Red Bear

Red Bear Full Access Member

6. Shutout18

Shutout18 Full Access Member

There is no doubt South will have a good team. Very well coached and they are just plain tough.
    As for Watauga they didnt lose to much players wise but did lose a big leader but like it has been already stated there is someone who will fill right in. With Norris and Jake Watts on themound..This team is a early Favorite to win it.
    I just believe that the 4A teams will be at the top and battle it out.
    Saint and Hickory are both good teams as well. Saint has a couple kids that swing it pretty well Hoyle, Bumgarner, and Carroll.

Looks to be another good year of baseball

7. mathcoach

mathcoach Member

You know what happens to people who assume. I was asking about any and all teams in the conf.

8. INTHEGENES

INTHEGENES CONFIDENCE

I don't see or hear a lot of talk about this conference. What's everyone thinking about the NW 4a/3a? There are some very talented teams in this conference and it should make for an interesting year.

South Caldwell, Watauga, Alexander Central, and Hickory are all going to be pretty good I would say. I don't know that much about St. Stephens, Foard, or Hibriten so I'm not going to comment on them.

Lets hear everyones thoughts and opinions.

9. dreamweaver

dreamweaver dreamweaver

NW3A/4A

EDIT: TBR does not allow personal attacks. There are other places you can voice a rant and rave.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2011
  10. TDawg

TDawg Member

Watauga should be good, best coach in the conference, returns Norris to the mound and Linville, good stick and defense.
    A.C. Returns James, Hall, Lasalle (had off season surgery??) and Gallihair who is the most underrated player on the team.
    Foard could be in trouble lost the big two Mckinny and Bradshaw.
    Hickory will return Poole who will be tough on the mound, Zack Jarrett is a underclassman who can hit, pitch and play defense.
    Hibriten has a new assistant coach who played in the minors and is one of the best hitting instructors I have seen. He should have a positive impact on the team. Returning players Beard and Turner are a plus.
    South lost some pitching (Bumgarner) but always seems to come up with the right players at the right time.
    Saint Stephens graduated a number of starters, should be OK with Hoyle, Spencer and Carroll returning. JV catcher from last year looked solid. Pitching is the big question.