1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4-A Predictions

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by ebhs1977, Aug 6, 2008.

1. billybobblockhead

billybobblockhead Full Access Member

Better get 'em early.

2. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

We aren't saying ACR is unbeatable, because any team can lose on a given night. With injuries playing a factor it's not impossible. For example, ACR will be without 3 defensive starters in their first two scrimmage (at Burns, and home against Shelby), so anyone can get hurt. However IF ACR were to stay healthy the full year, this could be one of their best teams ever. That doesn't mean they can't lose, because no team at ACR has ever finished the year undefeated. We are just saying the potential is there for this team to be great.

3. whspioneers

whspioneers Full Access Member

Sorry, Freedom is 5th on mine. South Caldwell who i left out 3rd.

ACR stuggled more offensivly than defensivly. First year trying to grasp the spread. I think the offense should come. Just saying that last year it was not as stong as 2006 and if there was a weakness last year. It was in the offense.

4. nascarman

nascarman Banned From TBR

My buddy is Asheville tells me that this is the fastest Rocket team he has ever seen and also one of the biggest up front.

5. breakwater

breakwater Full Access Member

EB could very well be saying that we have more speed and size because that is true. However that will show on the field in a few weeks. The new school did not hurt EB this year on the varsity team. All of us can sit and say we look good but last year it was clear stop Spencer you beat AC; stop Eric you beat Wat; stop Shatley you beat EB. Now that they are gone well see, wait a min. Shatley is back:schlacht::hallo:This is the last year of this conf. and it will be very competative with a couple of teams having a good shot at the title.

6. reynoldsrocks23

We didn't stop the running game of EB last year (234 yards rushing), or passing game for that matter (209 yards passing), but we still were able to beat EB. Also if people think ACR will struggle on offense due to the loss of Spencer, great! Surprises are fun.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  7. breakwater

breakwater Full Access Member

I dont think we stopped your running game either and you won. But you are right we all like surprises lets wait and see who's can is bigger. Good luck on your season.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  8. reynoldsrocks23

Same to you!

9. mtnman606

mtnman606 Full Access Member

who does acr have back at rb,and who will be the qb?to tell the turth i think the calls that the coachs made cost you guys some games.i know in the playoff lost ,spencer did not carry the ball much the 2nd half, and it was working for yall in the 1st half of that game.acr will have speed as they do every year.but i still got to go with east burke but,acr could very easy run the table.dont go to sleep on the watauga game this year.

10. cougar man

cougar man Full Access Member

1- A.C.R. (6-0)
    2- East Burke (5-1)
    3- A.C.H.S. (4-2)
    4-Freedom (2-4)
    4-Watauga (2-4)
    6-South Caldwell (1-5)
    6-MdDowell (1-5)

At least I came out with the correct # of Wins and Loses 21. Probally about all thats right. Except ACR 6-0.