1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A/3A

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Snicklefritz24, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Coachcre

Coachcre Full Access Member

I dont know the position but I heard from Freedom.

2. Snicklefritz24

Snicklefritz24 Member

I heard one of the returning backs are transferring to Hickory.

3. BOOGYWOOGY

BOOGYWOOGY Junior Member

Thank the lord....

i dont think i can wait two more months...someone get on here and talk some football...ac has some pretty good talent coming back, two strong rb's and on defense anderson, markum, baker and burns shoud be awesome....lot of youngins moving up, should be interesting....

4. Coachcre

The kid I heard that may be transferring to Alexander is Marcus Kincaid.He played QB at freedom last year as a freshman.From what I am told he has alot of ties to the AC area because he has had family play at Central in the past.

5. Snicklefritz24

Snicklefritz24 Member

If indeed both backs are coming back then the running game could be the strong point for Alexander. Also the QB will have a year of experience under his belt so hopefully he will be a little bit more comfortable in the pocket. I believe Alexander has question marks with the offensive line. It'll be interesting to see who they have there. Defensively, the front seven should be very strong with Markham, Anderson, Hopke, Burns, and Baker returning. However my worries are in the secondary i believe some youngsters are going to have to step up and probably a little bit of chapman playing both ways for this team to be successful and reach its full capability.

6. BOOGYWOOGY

BOOGYWOOGY Junior Member

Jv team had some good athletes in there secondary, lathom,pennell,mecimore and millsaps(varsity) returning but i agree if chapman isnt carrying the ball 20 times he needs to be there...not to downplay the other sports, but there is nothing like friday nights...hickory and hibriten wil be the teams to beat...ac gets tested early goin to davie co. to open....offensive line may be young but i think they will be ok...

7. Snicklefritz24

Snicklefritz24 Member

I agree. AC does get tested early traveling to davie. Those kids you named off are athletes and are a little inexperienced but i believe they can step up. Offensive Line should be very tough. Lets hope they run it a little more this year, last year they didn't run it enough with the two backs they had IMO.

8. WilkesCentral

WilkesCentral Member

1. Hibriten
    2. Hickory
    3. AC
    4. Watauga
    5. St Stephens
    6. South Caldwell
    7. Fred T Foard

Hibriten beat Hickory last year, and although they lost Quin Smith, Darius Lipford, and Josh Dula return. They got the Harshaw kid back at RB to. Watauga is a sleeper.

9. Coachcre

Does Foard return the Owens kid.

10. Snicklefritz24

Snicklefritz24 Member

yes sir they do. They should be pretty solid as well. Shouldn't be a bad conference at all.