1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A all conference

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by BIRDDOG, Dec 17, 2005.

1. BIRDDOG

BIRDDOG Junior Member

Does anybody know who made all conference for your school in the NW4A?

2. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

AC Reynolds All-Conference

Here is who I was told made it from AC Reynolds:

OFFENSE
    Willie Harper (NW4A Offensive Player of the Year)
    Albert Anderson
    Kyle Johnson
    Devin Hazel
    Jeremey Styles
    Teddy Harper

DEFENSE
    Jay Greassle
    Chad Holby
    Lamont Durham
    Chris Cummings
    Tim Brown
    Adam Banks
    Jacob Howard

Steve McCurry (NW4A Coach of the Year)

3. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

These all-conference awards have become a joke... I assume this is voted on by the different media members throughout the conference. There used to also be a set of awards voted on by the coaches but they did away with those awards. I don't have a problem with Harper getting Offensive POY, but I think its BS that McCurry got Coach of The Year. These awards are always based on how you fare during the season, but even in this case they're using a double standard. How about the South Caldwell coach who took his team farther than anybody ever predicted? They lose in the regional semis to a Crest team (who were playing illegal players). Reynolds, while they had a good year and won the conference, they did not perform over and above what everybody projected them to do back before the season started.

Plus, if that's not bad enough...I just got done looking at the all-conference team that was posted on the Asheville Citizen-Times website, and for McDowell they obviously had to make a misprint because Davon Gardner was not listed as a Titan who made all-conference team. His brother, Parish, along with Jonathon Mathes were listed. So once again, it has to be a misprint that Davon wasn't listed. But, if that list is indeed correct, then that is the biggest injustice that I have ever seen in my life. Davon WAS the McDowell Titans football team. He would only carry the ball 40 times a game because he was oour best player. Then, on defense, he would lead the team in tackles. And if that's not enough, Davon would return kicks on special teams. The only time that poor kid wasn't on the field was when they went to the locker room at halftime.

4. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

Big Dan for once I totally agree with you. All-Conference awards in all sports have became a total joke. The way it works is the coach from each team nominates players from his team and tells why each one should be all-conference. Then they are voted on by the other coaches. In all sports this tends to leading to coaches favorites sometimes getting nominated over a better player. Believe me this regularlly happens. As big dan said if Devon Gardner was left off the team this year it would be a grve misjustice. He has to be a first team selection. I also agree that SC's Carter should have been coach of the year but in our conference the coach of the year is almost always from the team that wins the conference and that is wrong. I know here at SC a couple years back one of our coaches got coach of the year in a sport simply because we won the conference that year. In this instance the coach had hardly anything to do with coaching the team as everything was done by his assistant. This coach only came to 4 or 5 practices all year and on games days was the score keeper only. But still got coach of the year because SC won the conference. As for players this year from SC that made All-ConferenceI do know that Brad Hardee got "Defensive player of the Year".
    Also on the team were Issac Pothyress, John Hardee, and our place kicker who's name I can't remember. There were also more players to make it but I don't know who they all were. maybe someone else can fill in the rest

5. Andrew Pearson

Andrew Pearson Junior Member

Dan, you scared me there for a second. But I cut and pasted this from what we posted online today, he's in there.

Northwestern 4-A

Willie Harper, Tedrick Harper, Jeremy Styles, Albert Anderson, Devin Hazel, Kyle Johnson, Jay Graessle, Lamont Durham, Chris Cummings, Chad Holby, Adam Banks, Tim Brown and Jacob Howard (Reynolds); Davon Gardner, Jonathon Mathes and Parrish Gardner (McDowell)

Coach of the year: Steve McCurry (Reynolds)

Defensive player of the year: Brad Hardee (South Caldwell)

Offensive player of the year: Willie Harper (Reynolds)

Don't have the "dead tree" version of the paper in front of me right now, but if Davon was left out, we'll get it fixed.

Andrew Pearson
    Citizen-Times

6. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Yeah you guys had me scared there for a minute, I knew that had to be some error when I read it, but you never know now-a-days...BTW, good to hear from you Andrew feel free to drop in on the hoops boards from time to time.

7. moesyslak

moesyslak Banned From TBR

all nw4a?

there were a total of 43 that's right 43 players who made the all nw4a team. if you take 7 teams ands figure that each team plays an average of 5 players both ways and 6 on off and 6 on def the you have 42 +42+35 which it think is 199 toatal starters then 43 would be 36%of the conferneces statrters on all-conference. over a third. that's a joke and it is so aterd down. i think each coach gets every player he nominates on the team. the way the nw4a is located each team other than the burke schools have their own newspaper. i'll bet you didn't see the whole team prionted in any single newspaper only the local players who made it.

8. cougar man

cougar man Full Access Member

Sorry but achs does never had 5 players to go both ways. 1 lineman, a linebacker or 2 played a little full back and that about it. Never could understand why Bowles didnt go both ways, before he was hurt. Couple more should have went both ways. Probally wouldnt have mattered much.

9. moesyslak

moesyslak Banned From TBR

i said on average