1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A Conference Basketball

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by Pioneer-Pride16, Sep 6, 2007.

1. oldebfan

oldebfan Full Access Member

I'm getting in a little late on this but I think East Burke will finish in the top three. This group of seniors have been together for the past 10 tens. Coach Hancock did an excellent job this summer in the camps.

2. oldebfan

oldebfan Full Access Member

Top 3 Picks

East Burke
    McDowell
    Watuaga

Top 5 Players
    Hausey - McDowell
    Boughman - East Burke
    Kincaid - McDowell
    Green - Watuaga
    Shuffler - East Burke

3. footballfever181

footballfever181 Full Access Member

Well from what i see on here:

1. We have NO idea who will finish where any better than these teams are top half, these are not

2. Hausley, Green are the only locks for all conf barring disaster. there are 10 others battling for 3 more spots

3. This should be a great year for NW4A basketball

4. dookman32

dookman32 Full Access Member

1. I think Mcdowell and Freedom are pretty much a lock for finishing top 2-they return three starters from last years 3rd place state tourney finish, one of whom is all-state C Petey Hausley. Freedom will be running and gunning this year and if Weatherman can give them a decent inside presence they have loads of athleticism at the guard spots.

2. I would think that Terrance Kincaid is a real good bet to make all conference, as is Ethan Kincaid from Freedom.

3. I'm not so sure. AC, ACR and South Caldwell will all be way down. Watauga and East Burke both lost several key components, especially on the interior. Watauga may have the best backcourt in the conference, but they have no bigs and relied way too much on Green and Archer in the latter part of last season. From where I see it (which isn't saying much) Freedom and Mcdowell are the class of the conference. Mcdowell will win it because there is no one in the NW4A (and maybe not in the state) that can stop Hausley.

5. Champ

Champ Baseball :)

1. Is Buggy even eligible to play? I've heard rumors otherwise...

2. Who does Watauga have in the backcourt other than Zach Greene? Herndon will obviously be their main big man, who else do they have?

3. East Burke I suppose has a few good players.....

4. McDowell has early App signee, Hausley...

who is playing that will help out Watauga that know one knows?

6. sickofthis07

sickofthis07 Full Access Member

champ? where have you been the ENTIRE FOOTBALL SEASON.. geez man.. of course buggy is eligible.. second semester as well... he has stepped it up in the classroom

7. Pioneer-Pride16

Pioneer-Pride16 Baseball is Everything

Good for Buggy.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  8. dookman32

dookman32 Full Access Member

I'll be interested to hear how East Burke fares early in the season after all of the controversy from last year. Losing Hefner could turn out to be addition by subtraction, but it will be hard for EB's upperclassmen, having had 3 coaches in 3 years.

9. grayb70

grayb70 Senior Member

ACHS didnt loose hargrave...he will be returning for this season...the rumor about him transfering was true...but he made the decision to stay at AC...and i know he will be one of the top five in the conference...hes been staying in shape with lifting weights and running cross country with his teamate ethan ford...ac might surprise some people if they get overlooked...

10. FreedomGuy

FreedomGuy Full Access Member

Thats not a biased opinion at all