1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

nw4a conference predictions

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by fhspatriot, Jun 29, 2006.

Nw4a predictions

Poll closed Aug 18, 2006.
  1. AC Reynolds

61.3%
  2. Freedom

9.7%
  3. East Burke

3.2%
  4. Alexander Central

3.2%
  5. Watuaga

6.5%
  6. South Caldwell

16.1%
  1. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

I'm thinking he/she went with their heart in the poll (thinking no one will know) and with their brain in the actual post. Granted ANYTHING can happen, but I don't see Watauga winning the NW4A!

2. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

1. AC Reynolds
    2. Freedom-SC
    3. Freedom-SC
    4. East Burke
    5. Alexander
    6. Watagua
    7. Mcdowell

Reynolds is on top till someone proves other wise
    Freedom has a new coach and you never know how that will turn out
    SC lost very little last year and has some good players coming up. Should have a little more speed this year. (QB ??????)
    As long as EB has Biggerstaff they will be tough.
    Alexander could be a little higher or fall a spot
    Wat. and Mcdowell could go either way

3. cougar man

cougar man Full Access Member

1- AC Reynolds
    2- Freedom
    3- Alexander Central (I could run behind that line)
    4-South Caldwell
    5- East Burke
    6-Watauga
    7-McDowell

Freedom, Alexander Central and South Caldwell will be very good games. Hate to think it but if the Yankees were Pedro's Daddy. Where does that leave Freedom and Alexander Central???????

4. MQueen68

MQueen68 Junior Member

I know McDowell ain't gonna win it, but couldn't you at least have put us on the poll?

5. The Warden

The Warden Full Access Member

No doubt...Dont worry Marty, we're always left out in media coverage (But not from you!), so why is this any different?!?!

1. A.C. Reynolds: Loaded at just about every position and has loads of tradition. Its very tough to beat a winning tradition when they've reloaded.

2t Freedom:
    2t Alexander Central
    2t South Caldwell
    A toss up of these teams cause they have alot of talent but are capable of making some big noise in the season and in the playoffs. Its anybody's race for 2nd.

5. McDowell: Going out on a limb because they have some good kids coming back that will do well offensively. Izzy Swepson, Parish Gardner, Terrence Kincaid will be fun to watch. The question is, can McDowell's defense improve from last year? If it does and the offense is even to par, then McDowell could disrupt the top four and may find themselves in playoff contention. If not, then it's another dismal season for McDowell. I personally say get rid of Carson Gowan anyways because his defenses haven't done squat.

6. East Burke: It all depends on which team shows up. If the team that Ive seen beat a tough Hickory and Freedom squad in years past and has the determination, then they will do better. But if they dont, then its back to the drawing board.

7. Watauga: Another tough year for the Pioneers, nuff said.

6. fhspatriot

fhspatriot Full Access Member

hey guys relax i left yall out by accident.

7. whspioneers

whspioneers Full Access Member

I knew that when I picked Watauga in the poll that it was just for kicks as I posted my real prediction later in the thread. What I didn't know is that someone else would pick Watauga too. HAHAHAHA.

GO PIONEERS. Let's just make the dang playoffs.

8. patsfansince85

patsfansince85 Yes, really!

1) ACR - Number one until someone beats them

2) South Caldwell - Carter has done an impressive job. They lose some talent (Hardee, etc) but no one thought they would do what they did last season after losing a 1,000-yd. QB and 1,000 RB.

3) Alexander Central - The game between AC and SC could determine second place. It's at South this year, and like last year, the last game of the season for both teams.

4) East Burke - It will be interesting to see what Biggs can pull of this year. They're always big on the lines. Will they have the skill?

5) Freedom - I know, I know. Too low you say. Well, probably right. Great job to promote Watson as head coach. You bring in someone new, and you get different results. But what playmakers will they bring this year?

6) McDowell - At least they've got Watauga.

7) Watauga - at least they've got Astro/FieldTurf. Just kidding! I like Watauga, but they are just stuck in one of the top heavy 4-a conferences in the state.

9. fhspatriot

fhspatriot Full Access Member

I really dont see freedom finishing any lower than 3rd.The ac-freedom game to me will probaly decide 2nd place.Freedom dont really have any "superstars" but that could be a good cause if the team chimistry is there they could be pretty good.The only toss up right now is whos gonna be the starting qb,we got 3 guys going out for the position and the ones who dont get it may play somewhere else.I dont see the program going anywhere but up cause the kids respect coach watson alot and i believe they will play hard for him.
    South caldwell could be any where from 3rd to 5th,It seems the coach there has really got the kids believing they can compete night after night.
    Mcdowell may take a couple of years but if they7 could get kids commited and get some athletes to play they could end being a good team later on.
    East Burke had a strong jv team last and will probaly be pretty young this year.Coach Biggerstaff does a great job and i think they could finish in the middle of the pack somewhere.
    Watuaga seems to have a good coach and he could maybe turn things around if the people in boone will be patient and let him do his job.It seems watuaga has always had problems keeping a coach longer than 3 years and i dont remember the last time they had one longer than that.Mike Propst had them going in the right direction right before he left,but it seemed he had some problems with some people there and he could have ended up having them in the middle of the pack had he got to stay longer.I dont know much about Hudson,i think he left on his own.But i can see this coach has them playing hard alot like propst did and if he is allowed the time he needs he could end up turning things around.

10. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

That was wild last year. South came in the last game of the year and got beat after QB Derek Potter got hurt. Then in one of the weirdest things never explained by the NCHSAA, drew them the first round of the playoffs. The South braintrust put a gameplan together and controled the rematch...

I still think Football is about the only Prep sport you can get out-athleted. But I also think there is definately tons that be said when coaches find a way to win week in and out when they don't always have the bullets.

Good luck to the Spartans in 2006.