1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A Conference Tourney...

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by bigdan, Feb 15, 2004.

1. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Asheville Paper has Lovik with 25 points, that's a season high for Emily. Atkinson has 17 and Kiser 13. Sydney Alexander had 21 for Reynolds.

Here is the All-tourney Team:

MVP: Anna Atkinson

ALL-Tourney Team:

Katie McGalliard
    Emily Lovik
    Patrice Smith
    Katie Rybacki
    Sydney Alexander

I would like to know the voting process for all-tourney. Sorry if I tick off any Reynolds fans, but Rybacki should not have been all-tourney. Aimee Kiser has played her best ball of the year this week and didn't get all tourney? It was cool to see Patrice Smith get all tourney because she plays hard and dosen't get the recognition that she should get, but I would have voted Kiser over her. Just my opinion...

2. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

I am sure I am going to get looked down upon for being a home town fan, but I think something has got to be said about South Caldwell winning third in the conference tonight.

Is there a player South has over 6'1? There is ZERO size on that team and they seem to win rebounding battles all the time. They throw lobs to girls that are half the size of the girls guarding them and score on it. They give people fits with the defense they play. I think it is a testment to Jeff Parham and his system that his girls will run through walls to win.

Another thing is look out for these girls next year. Prichard and Woodie are gone, but Hawkins (the girl who hit the big three vs Freedom tonight), Chruch, Hobbs, and several others return.

Just a view from the home town...

3. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

thanks folks for the championship reports and insight! :applause:

Good luck NW4A teams........from one who is looking forward to rejoining this great bball conference!

4. ladiesbballfan

ladiesbballfan Full Access Member

Hey CF, from the greatest 2nd baseman ever, you don't want none of this ladiesbball in the NW4A!

bigdan, what's the schedule for McDowell? Everything is clicking right now. Let's just hope it stays that way!

5. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

:roflmao:.......hey best ever 2B!

loved it and actually competed well the last go round.

as we both know....best bball conference in the state(ladies especially) and we will assist alittle bit with the football tradition :D

hows life been treating you since last week when we chatted??? What about those Wolfpack (men)?

6. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

the schedule for the 4A sectionals will be up shortly...

7. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

ladiesbballfan

you know it takes time to compile all the data.................hurry up bigdan, they are standing in line NOW!

8. ladiesbballfan

Everything is going good. They are about like the Heels, go down to Clemson and lose. Really, they have had a great year. Why don't you ride up to a sectional game next week? Send me PM with your number.

9. The Warden

The Warden Full Access Member

The funniest thing in this game was that South Caldwell shot only 30% from the floor all game and still managed to win. They put up enough bricks to supply the Masonry class at McDowell for a decade, But, they outscored Freedom 16-6 in the fourth to win it. They had two things they needed to do and they did it and that was to limit the shots of Leah Barrier and to deny Alisa Scruggs shots in the post.

10. ladiesbballfan

Is Tara Tate going to play again this year?