1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A COY

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by FHSBB, Feb 28, 2009.

1. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Got 2 questions for you...since you are an Athletic Director. If we took your point of view and the NCHSAA started evaluating classifications on a yearly basis...

1. Would that also mean that conferences would be re-drawn on a yearly basis?

and

2. What effect would that have on you (and your coaches) in regards to making schedules for any particular sport?

2. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

No problem i was just anwsering your question with some info

3. goodoleburkeco

goodoleburkeco Player Hater

I think it's sad that an athletic director gets on here and spouts off about how good his daughter is and gets into arguments with fans from other schools when they say something he doesn't like. I wonder why the FHS administration allows that?

FHS had a good run with many more potential players in regards to enrollment up until Patton opened.

In regards to EB football, worry about what you have at FHS first, then get back to me.

4. The Warden

The Warden Full Access Member

Freedom & East Burke wont be worrying about each other since they wont in the same conference and in 4A anymore...Both will wind up worrying more about Patton and Draughn over who they wont get because they went to one of those schools.

5. Coachcre

Coachcre Full Access Member

I Agree with you,GoodoleBurkeCounty.I mean anyone who has seen her play knows she is good.She does not need her daddy coming on here and boasting about her all the time.She is a great player but she is not the best Freedom or Burke County for that matter has ever had.That would be Kerri Gardin or Natasha Davis.Some people just live there dreams through someone else.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  6. basketball101

basketball101 Junior Member

It seems everyone drifted from topic a little. I thought this thread was about COY.

7. The Warden

The Warden Full Access Member

Because Rob Ford is among FHS' administration as an assistant principal. Whether this is cause for a concern with them, who knows.

Guys, any parent will obviously be very proud of their children, especially when that child has exceled in something whether it be academics, athletics, or the arts. I just remember when I excelled in music when I was in school, my dad was elated to tell others about my success. I can see where Ford has a great sense of pride in his daughter achievements and he's using TBR as a place to tell others (although we all know how good she is).

8. fordfan

fordfan Member

I obviously am a Sam Ford and Ali Ford Fan-by login...it does seem to me those comments on this thread had nothing to do with Ali-it was about classifications of schools...and cre -Fredom has turned out several good ball players but i heard at a game that Ford score 1000 more pts than Gardin--so they helped in different ways but her (AF)stats were better but maybe on a worse team?
    I'm hoping Sam Ford gets an offer- he can help a mid level team!

and their families -Mostly Watauga Co are proud of them BOTH!

9. goodoleburkeco

goodoleburkeco Player Hater

Big difference between a regular/average parent boasting. It would be only worse if he was her coach and was talking about her vs. other players.

It's great to be proud of your kid but you have to draw the line when your profession is involved, IMHO.

The fact that an AD/Assistant principal doesn't get that is interesting...

10. fordfan

fordfan Member

Still don't see it --its a forum and who cares if its mom, dad or the president...opinions are like...well you know--everyone's got one.
    I've never cared what people believed only why they believe it.
    Good Luck!