1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A Pick'em: Week 3 Scores

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by believer, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. believer

believer Member

South Caldwell 90
    Hibriten 23

2. dribbles

dribbles Full Access Member

waste of time

PLaying Hibriten (Middle school ) :agreed: It prepares you for nothing, they would be better off with practice time , instead of padding stats that won't hold up against a real high school team. False sense of security is the danger here.

3. believer

believer Member

Dribbles,

In Caldwell County there are 3 high schools- Hibriten, South Caldwell, and West Caldwell. Each high school plays each other at home and away in basketball. These schools will always play each other twice.

apology accepted :imagestor

4. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

dribbles; We heard the same thing early in our football season but when all was said and done SC was still playing when most of the other teams in the state were at home. Admitedlly Hibriten and West Caldwell aren't very good this year but it is a county thing that these teams pretty much have to play each other. Any time you play any team it makes you better no matter what caliber of team it is. You work on things that you need to work on during the game and get much needed game experience.
    SC will be playing plenty of tough games this year starting this Friday when they play Foard who will be one of the best teams they will face all year. Foard was very strong last year and return their whole team who also played AAU ball this summer

5. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

Good Luck!

Good Luck tonight NW4A Girls, lets see an undefeated Tuesday night! :woohoo:

6. titan90

titan90 titan90

Providence Day 75
    MHS 40

This could be the Lady Titans largest margin of defeat in 20 years. I can never remember them getting beat this bad in my life time. I look forward to seeing these 2 teams play at MHS on dec. 9. Providence Day must be LOADED!

7. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

I was afraid that was gonna happen... :thud:

Not only could that be the worst loss in 20 years but that might be the worst a Mike Silver coached team have ever got beaten.

8. ladiesbballfan

ladiesbballfan Full Access Member

I'm kind of glad I wasn't able to make it. I'm sure Providence Day is loaded, but that was a very tough position for a very young team.

I just hope, and I have to believe that McDowell will put up a much bigger fight at home. :banginghe

9. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Like you said, we are a very young team, starting three sophmores and having only one senior. I'm sure there are those people out there tonight getting their rocks off seeing McDowell getting beat that badly. The thing to remember is that these early season games are gonna make us better. I would rather take a beating in November and learn from it.

What's gonna be the most interesting thing in the short term is to see how this squad copes with this loss. We got our next three games at home. Friday vs Enka, TC Roberson next Tuesday and a rematch with Providence Day on Dec 9th.

10. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

Quote; I'm sure there are those people out there tonight getting their rocks off seeing McDowell getting beat that badly.

I'm not one of those for sure. I pull for all nw4a teams when they play out of conference. I hope Mcdowell does much better at home against them.

South Caldwell beat west caldwell tonightnot real sure of the final score but I do know SC had 68 and I think West had around 30.
    Big game for SC this Friday as they travel to Fred T Foard who is a very good team this year as they were last year and lost no one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.