1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A Pick'em: Week 3 Scores

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by believer, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Ashe County 53
    Watauga 37

Wilkes Central 73
    Alex. Central 30

2. Purple Hayes

Purple Hayes Junior Member

Big Dan, has Wilkes Central lost yet or do you know? I know they have a very good ball club but haven't saw them play yet this year. I intend to hopefully see them play this week at Statesville so I catch a minute of the Gillespie girl and kill two birds with one stone.

3. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

To be honest I don't know, but I think I read in the Winston-Salem Journal that they are undefeated. I don't keep track of them I was just posting their score because they were playing a NW4A team.

4. mountainball

mountainball Full Access Member

I listened to the WHS-Wilkes Central Game and I believe I heard them say that they were undefeated thus far.

5. wncsprt

wncsprt Full Access Member

Saturday December 3
    Freedom 72
    Alta(utah) 32 @North Forsyth

6. wnclr

wnclr Guest

"Let's keep in mind that ACR is very young also. Yes, they return two very talented players in Alex Thompson and Brianna Worley, but that is ALL as far as returning starters. The other three starters (Amanda Whitaker, Amber Roberts and Amy Huntley) either came off the bench last year as sophomores (Amanda and Amber) or didn't even play hoops (Amy). Then you mix in the fact that the bench is made up of mainly 10th and 11th graders who haven't seen varsity action, and you see why ACR has been struggling a little so far."

Let's see Rocks.....what you're saying is that Reynolds is a "young" team that's basically starting 3 seniors (2 of which are D-I signees-Thompson and Worley--Huntley has played for several years but did not play last season, so she is far from inexperienced) and 2 juniors (both of whom have the opportunity to play collegiately- Roberts and Whitaker). This is the type of youth movement that i'm sure all of us in the NW 4A would love to have the problem of dealing with. They do have young players (2 talented Sophmores (Robinson-Green) and a solid Freshman (Loven)) to provide much needed depth.

Rocks, maybe you guys feel more comfortable in the underdog role but this year you need to get used to being the team everyone is gunning for.

IMO Reynolds should be the odds on favorite to win the conference and advance deep into the playoffs. Anything less should be considered a huge under-achievement

7. Purple Hayes

Purple Hayes Junior Member

Thank you and Big Dan for the information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.