1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A Playoff Games

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by reynoldsrocks23, Feb 18, 2006.

1. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

South Caldwell vs E.Meck (14-9)/J.Robinson(12-12) winner
    McDowell vs Hopewell (16-8)
    Freedom at Butler (19-5)
    AC Reynolds vs Crest (14-11)
    East Burke at West Charlotte (17-9)

Thoughts anyone???

Last edited: Feb 18, 2006
  2. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

One thing is for sure, no sure bets for the NW4A in the first round. I think Reynolds has the best chance out of the conference. I don't think Crest has seen anybody all year that can shoot the ball like Thompson can. Looks like a Battle of the Titans down in Marion between Hopewell and McDowell. The Lady Titans will have to be mentally ready, or Hopewell will beat us. Freedom is the real Wild Card in this equation. Getting in the playoffs and playing teams outside the NW4A might be the best thing for the Lady Patriots. I know they have struggled recently, and I'm hoping those girls haven't given up. I think it's very possible Freedom could pull off the upset. I think Ford will go off in this game.

3. reynoldsrocks23

There are advantages to losing the conference tournament!

4. dribbles

dribbles Full Access Member

I'm pretty sure Freedom played Crest twice and Ford had over 30 in 1 of them , so yeah they've seen someone who can shoot it as good as her(thompson)...not sure how they played her though.
    I read where Butler had a Freshman score 20 and was tourney MVP...looks like a real match-up of the Fhs-Butler Freshmen.
    Did Hopewell beat SC earlier this year?
    Hope EB got in ...

5. bigdan

Hopewell did beat South Caldwell during Christmas at the First Charter Classic.

6. reynoldsrocks23

If I am not mistaken Freedom beat Crest the opening game of the season 58-51. I don't know if they met a second time or not.

7. fhspatriot

fhspatriot Full Access Member

Freedom played crest a 2nd time and beat them.Ali had 31 points on them that game.Crestplays very physical,they have some decent height.Good luck to yall and mcdowell monday.

8. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

The only team I have seen of the ones we (nw4a) play is Hopewell. They are a good team and could pose some problems for Mcdowell but if Mcdowell plays well they can pill out a win. They beat SC in the christmas by wearing them out. As everyone knows by now SC is pretty much a 5 or at best 6 player team. In the tournament SC had to play three games in three days and Hopewell came out and played 10 different girls and basically wore the girls down and beat them in the 4th quarter. I think if they met in a one game format SC could handle them as can Mcdowell but anyone who faces them better come to play. Hopewell has a very good little gaurd. She is fast and can shoot the three or drive and score or dish. Reminds me of Thompson but much faster. They also have a taller girl who if I remember played a gaurd and was very good. They are a deep team with several weapons. For Mcdowell bring your "A" game and get a win

9. reynoldsrocks23

10. bigdan

Hey, I wanna wish all the NW4A teams good luck on Monday. Everybody says its a down year for our conference, the playoffs usually is a good indicator of how well the conferences are. Let's go out there and prove once again where the best and most competitive 4A ball in the state is played... :ylsuper: