1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A SCORES VARSITY AND JV

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by homerun, Mar 9, 2003.

1. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

South Caldwell 8
    East Burke 4
    Lots of hitting in this game. both pitchers were hit hard although decker for East Burke did have several strikeouts. I didn't think this was one of SC's better games.

2. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

reporter, thanks for the scores and the records for the first half but will you try and get the overall records for each.....SC,AC and Reynolds are are worthy of possible top 10 in the High School Poll. Thanks again!

3. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

cf ball: I don't know any of the nw4a schools overall records but maybe someone else can help us out with that plus help keep us informed on their conference records. I get most of the info to keep up their confer. records of the boards here

4. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

I don't know any of the overall records of AC and Reynolds. South Caldwell is 9-2 overall 6-1 in conference.

5. homerun

homerun Full Access Member

ALEXANDER CENTRAL 10
    EAST GASTON 0

MINDY GIBSON HAD THE SHUTOUT GIVING UP 3 HITS
    PRICE WITH 2 HITS LED ACHS
    ACHS PLAYS SOUTH POINT TOMORROW AT 5 IN CHERRYVILLE

6. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Good Job AC and especially Mindy! Nice to see you that you have contiune to work on pitching even though the team needs you in the field elsewhere! Keep us posted on AC's progress!

7. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

South Caldwell 9
    East Lincoln 8

SC is now 10-2 overall 7-1 in conference. They play Watagua at South on Monday and Freedom away on Tuesday. Good luck girls.

8. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

scfan, nice payback from the last meeting in Denver! Sure the mustangs needed a tough 4A team to mix with their somewhat soft, conference schedule. Any box score on this game and did anyone report this Score to ihigh.com via Email???

9. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

Cfball; I don't know if anyone reported to ihigh. I don't know who does that for South. As for the payback SC won the first game at East Lincoln also. Their only 2 losses were to St. Stephens and East Burke. The EL girls are tough and can hit very good. I think I heard someone say they have only lost 2 games this year both to South. They should do very well in the playoffs. As for box scores on the game All I can give you is what is in the paper today.

Winning pitcher: winebarger complete game
    Adams 3 for 4, 1 rbi
    Townsend 2 for 3, 1 rbi
    Benfield 2 rbi's
    Foard 1 rbi

I think Foard, Austin, Winebarger, and Walker all had a hit and Benfield had 2 hits. Adams Hit a bomb that probbally went 250 ft. or more but it was foul by a couple of feet. Foard had the game winning hit rbi double in the bottom of the sevevth. I don't know any of the stats on East Lincoln but they had several hits and hit the ball well all night.

SC also won a very exciting jv game coming from behind to win in the last inning on an inside the park homerunn by Kara Hawkins.

To read about Souths games go to http://www.newstopic.net

Last edited: Apr 25, 2003
  10. rams12bb

rams12bb Full Access Member

McDowell 6
    Watauga 2

Bartlett pitched well and picked up the complete game win. Jadi Seiz returned to the Watauga dugout for the first time since her injury at Alexander in early April. She couldn't stay for the entire game, but it was nice to see her return to the ball field.