1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A SCORES VARSITY AND JV

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by homerun, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Dawgfan

Dawgfan Full Access Member

Welcome to TBR Thinkin
    Its folks like you and many others that realise that this is, after all is said and done, a game. Every player out there is someones little girl, and we should ALL treat them like they are our own. The last time I looked there were no overpaid HS softball coaches or groundskeepers out there. My hat off to All the fine folks that give there time and effort to help make this sport what is is.

2. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

South Caldwell - 6
    Alexander Central - 3

SC come ready to hit and we didn't stop it all I can say!

I said before that this years cougars are the best hitting team and will continue stand behind this if it encourages the girls. I really don't care how its been done or who done it I only care that each girl finds out they need to do it to have a successful HS fastpitch career. If you don't like my philosophy thats tough. I love and respect any girl that stands 40 feet away from a girl throwing a hard yellow ball at them 60 miles an hour. Come back hard and tough AC.

3. achscougarfan

achscougarfan Junior Member

JV ACHS - 9
    JV S. Caldwell - 4 or 5(?)

AC had a few mistakes but the bats came in the 6th inning when AC scored 7 runs. Great game JV Ladies!!!!!

Varsity played first because of the threat of bad weather that could have arrived before the game was played if they played last. Wanted to make sure the game was played tonight.

4. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Nice to see someone got their games in today!;) ;)

5. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

I went to the Alexander and South Caldwell game last night and despite the cold saw a really good and exciting game. I have to agree this Alexander team is one of the best hitting teams they have ever had. I have sen several of their games and with the exception of the Freedom game they have hit the ball very well.
    I thought the difference last night was in experience. The South Caldwell team just looked a little more poised and never seemed to panic even when AC threatened. They look to have a very solid team on defence and can hit the ball from every spot in the line up. I also noticed good sportsmanship from both teams.
    I just noticed one thing that I have never saw at Alexander Central, there seemed to be more South Caldwell fans than there were AC fans. Where were all the AC fans at?

6. FP SUPER

FP SUPER Full Access Member

They probably fell off the bandwagon.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND HER TROOPS :D

7. achs_softball_2003

achs_softball_2003 Junior Member

As far as the fans go from AC, most of them did not know that there had been a change in times for the JV & Varsity games! We didn't find out as players until around 1:30 or 2! Plus you have to consider the weather it wasn't the best we have ever seen! Good game South! We'll see ya again in MAY!

8. TarheelTitan

TarheelTitan Junior Member

AC Reynolds 12-2 (5-2) 8-1 winners over McDowell yesterday.

The field conditions were pretty good considering all the rain so that really wasn't a factor. The new pitcher for AC Reynolds (Huntley???) looked really strong. She walked a couple but she throws harder than anyone in the conference with the exception of South Caldwell's second pitcher. (Trifon???) played left field I think.

McDowell is 8-8 (3-3) and hosts Alexander Friday at 4:00 PM.

9. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

Alexander 2
    Mcdowell 0

10. TarheelTitan

TarheelTitan Junior Member

Alexander's Leah Krohn came to the plate in the top of the 8th inning with a runner on first and hit the ball about 230' for the game winning HR to end a fabulous pitching duel between Bartlett and Pierce. McDowell is now 8-9, (3-4)

McDowell's JV team looked impressive going up 8-1 early and cruising to a 8-4 win in six innings. McDowell's JV team is now 5-2 in conference play.