1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A standings ?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by 007, Mar 23, 2008.

1. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

SC 5-1
    East Burke 4-1
    Alexander 4-2
    Watagua 3-3
    AC Reynolds 2-3
    Mcdowell 1-4
    Freedom 0-5

After half through the season ( EB, Reynolds, Mcdowell, and Freedom still have to make up a game) iwould say the biggest surprise is East Burke. If they beat Freedom they will finish the first half of the season tied with SC for 1st place. Watagua had a small meltdown after beating SC and lost 3 games. Alexander can still win the conference if they win out and gave SC a tough game and could make a run. Next half of the season will be fun to watch

2. burkebaseball

burkebaseball POST 21

East Burke is definitely the surprise team. I know alot of earlier picks had them finishing near the bottom. Not many of those boys played legion ball so I haven't seen them alot but have watched 2 of their games this year. Must say they don't do anything spectacular but play the game well. Hope they can keep it up the second half. Makes legion ball even more exciting. Anyone know if any of the college boys are coming back to play legion this summer. Mainly the lefty McDaniel.

3. BigDipofCope

BigDipofCope Full Access Member

P.D.

P.D., what a baseball guy. Probably the biggest baseball guy and greatest baseball mind in Catawba/Burke County that has not been talked about at all.

I met P.D. when I was 12 driving by L-R watching him in the batting cage feeding the machine to kids hitting. Then he took his BP... wow. He was probably 50 at the time, and could absolutely stroke the ball. I started going to his workouts (which were free by the way) that fall and rode my bike everyday to L-R to take BP or get some defensive lessons or do whatever he had in store for that day.... What a guy - If he didn't throw live BP (he could throw forever btw) he would bring his jugs machine, along with about 10 different bats, a couple of bags of balls and a whole lot of positive instruction.

He had a huge influence on my baseball career and I always enjoyed umpiring his games over the past few years. He'd come to the plate meeting with his big chaw in and tell us that if the NCHSAA wants him not to chew, they can come try to take it out of his mouth. We just would shake our heads and laugh, because nobody would ever try to get him to spit it out...

The man is a baseball legend (played AAA ball before going to Vietnam) and is everything that is good about the sport. He is the salt of the earth and should be inducted into a sports hall of fame somewhere....

4. PUP

PUP Full Access Member

PD Fowler

I agree 100%

5. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

as of 4-12-08

6. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

nw 4a

east burke vs sc for first place-well we're waiting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Captain K

Captain K Junior Member

NW 4A AS OF 4-15-08

South Caldwell 7-1 15-1
    East Burke 6-2 10-4
    Alex Central 5-3 8-8
    AC Reynolds 4-4 10-5
    Watauga 4-4 11-6
    McDowell 1-6 5-11
    Freedom 0-7 0-16

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  8. burkebaseball

burkebaseball POST 21

Score from newspaper South Caldwell wins 13-2. I didn't go to the game and haven't talked with anyone that did. But sounds like a blowout much like the first time they played

9. Strike-em-out

Strike-em-out Full Access Member

FINALLY

SOME ONE WORSE ON THE COMPUTER THAN ME:omg:

10. akademic

akademic Junior Member