1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A Upcoming Games......

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by reynoldsrocks23, Jan 1, 2004.

1. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

Well, the holidays are over, and it seems the NW4A girls had a fairly good showing of themselves in their respective tournaments, congrats to all. Now it's time for the conference to really get underway. What I would like to do is have someone from each team post their schedule for the upcoming week on here, and come back with the scores when as well when the games are over. I hope that we can keep this thread going each week for the remainder of the season. I'll start with this week for A. C. Reynolds (Jan. 2-9):
    Jan. 2 at Alexander Central
    Jan. 7 at Freedom (changed from the 6th due to ACR's exams)
    Jan. 9 at Watauga (we swithched home and home due to Watauga's exams, they couldn't leave school early that day)
    Yes, that is right, three straight road games to start the conference. Good news is we have several home games to end the year! Hope to hear from you NW4A fans! :xyzwave:

2. reynoldsrocks23

Come on folks I know there are some NW4A fans reading this. Lets hear from you. :feedback: :xyzwave:

3. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

McDowell steps back outside conference for the last time this weekend. Friday,the girls are playing @ TC Roberson and on Saturday, they are playing Mitchell at home.

Conference play starts up next week with a trip to Watauga.

4. rams12bb

rams12bb Full Access Member

I believe Watauga plays Freedom Friday night to open the conference.

5. nw4a_rules

nw4a_rules Member

anyone know if the south -watauga game has been rescheduled?? the one that was supposed to take place dec. 19?

6. rams12bb

rams12bb Full Access Member

The last I heard, which was Monday, they still had not set a date.

7. mtnman

mtnman Full Access Member

Watauga's Schedule
    Jan 2 Home vs. Freedom
    Jan 6 Home vs. Mcdowell
    Jan 7 Home vs. Hibriten (Make-up Game)
    Jan 9 Home vs. ACR ( Switched Home dates due to exams)

Very tough conference start for the Pioneers. Good luck to all teams. Should be an interesting year.

8. reynoldsrocks23

Thanks for the feedback! Now we need to hear from you Freedom fans, and East Burke Fans. What is it with the Burke Co. fans, come on let's hear what you guys have coming up! Watauga, I have to say, you win for the toughest start to the conference, especially in girls play! :xyzwave:

9. nw4a_rules

nw4a_rules Member

well, east burke is scheduled to play south tonight, at south... should be a good game.. could go either way, but my prediction is south by 10 or so... they are tough on their home floor and i believe they have the better team this year in this matchup...

freedom should handle watauga easily, unless the girls decide to revert back to the pre-conference antics... with watauga's new coach and style of play, it could be a little more interesting than in the past few years, but i look for freedom to make a statement... watauga just doesn't have the talent to match freedom's d1 girls...

reynolds should handle AC with ease as well, though road games are never quite as easy as they seem... reynolds has the ability to make this one pretty ugly, but it just depends on which team shows up (the one that beat owen, and played asheville to a 6 point game, or the one that got drilled by 22 vs. asheville)

10. reynoldsrocks23

I appreciate you comments on each game, however, the A. C. Reynolds team that got drilled by Asheville by 22 isn't the same team that lost by 6 to Asheville. See, when we lost by 22 we were without starting all conference guard Katie Rybacki. When they beat us by 6 she scored 14 points, and not having her ball handling and scoring really hurt us up at Asheville when they beat us by 22. I am not saying that we could have or would have beat them, Asheville still would have won. However, we didn't play that bad, we were down 4 midway thru the 3rd and just got into foul trouble, and it went downhill from there.
    I agree with your comments though Freedom, ACR, and South Caldwell all should take victories tonight. :thumbup: