1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A Upcoming Games......

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by reynoldsrocks23, Jan 1, 2004.

1. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

South Caldwell won by 3 over East Burke.

2. ladiesbballfan

ladiesbballfan Full Access Member

I know ACR is always tough but honestly I thought they lost some of their better players to graduation. Who else is stepping up besides Rybacki and Thompson? Also, please give me some details on how they beat Owen because Owen looked almost unbeatable against McDowell and they are tall, tall, tall!

3. ladiesbballfan

McDowell beat Roberson in workmanlike fashion tonight 66-57. They never could quite get past a 12 or 13 point lead. Good offensive showing but the defense was suspect at times. Good game though.

4. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

Well, the Lady Rockets had a tough night tonight. Yes we won by a score of 57-42, however we were up 26 when everything sorta fell apart. First off, starting PG Katie McGalliard didn't play due to an injured back, then early in the 2nd period Katie Rybacki re-injured her knee, don't know the extent of it, but she didn't return to the game. Then when we were up 26 late in the 3rd, coach takes out the starters and well Alexander Central dominates the 4th and climbs back into the game, they cut it to 12. Don't know why our starters were out, but they were, finally our subs held on and put it away. MAN WHAT AN UGLY 4TH! FOULS EVERY TIME DOWN THE FLOOR! Most of Alexander Central's points in the 4th were at the foul line, and I an not blaming the refs, becasue we did foul. Just wish our starter had played together more in this one. TOO MUCH SUBING! I guess he was giving the subs sometime, but man this is conference, make sure its out of hand first!

As for who is stepping up for ACR, Alex Thompson is our major scoring threat, as is Katie Rybacki. However, Brianna Worley, Sydney Alexander and Katie McGalliard has also played really well. Off the bench Michelle Bennett has been a rebounding force, Sarah Owenby has been a scoring threat, and Amanda Whitaker has been a nice threat when given the chance. :wave:

5. rams12bb

rams12bb Full Access Member

Freedom over Watauga by a sizable margin. I don't know the exact score though.

6. ladiesbballfan

Thanks! I thought McGalliard graduated and I kind of forgot about Alexander. It makes more sense now. Sounds like you didn't have much to worry about tonight. I just hope the injuries are not serious.

Please give me some details on the win over Owen.

7. reynoldsrocks23

Well, Owen played us a great game, they are a tough team no doubt. However, in the 4th quarter our pressure defense took over and Alex Thompson (24 points) hit several threes to seize comtrol of the game. We led by 11 at one time in the 4th, but Owen wouldn't quit and cut it to 5 before we settled on a 7 point win. We had a hard time rebounding against them, but our press caused them the most trouble, that is why we beat them. Plus it was the first game of the season for both teams, so that may have had something to do with it. I really wish we played them twice this year, but that's not the case. They really have a good team, and it's nice to play top quality competition outside the conference. :xyzwave:

8. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Asheville Citizen-Times did an article on last night's McDowell/Roberson game, the Lady Titans shot over 60 percent from the field. That was the difference in the game, because McDowell had 25 turnovers...way too much. I don't think Coach Silver was too pleased.

9. reynoldsrocks23

Well, it looks like the first BIG game of the Conference year is coming up this week when ACR travels to Freedom on Wednesday the 7th. The game was orginally scheduled for the 6th, but was switched due to ACR having exams, and the JV's would not being able to leave school early. Blame it on the snow, the exams had to be pushed back because of the snow. Anyway, let's hear what people think of this matchup. I am not real sure how healthy ACR will be, starting PG Katie McGalliard didn't play against Alexander Central due to back trouble, and starting guard Katie Rybacki re-injured her knee in the second quarter and didn't return. Without one or both ACR will have a lot of problems handling Freedoms pressure I think. I do think McGalliard will be back, not too sure about Rybacki. I haven't seen Freedom play, but I know from the past that they like to pressure you and we will need our ballhandlers. Well, lets hear what everyone else has to say about this early season matchup. I am guessing since it's a Wednesday game that there will be a lot of scouting going on by some of the McDowell folks as well that night huh! :wave:

10. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

EXACTLY... :xyzthumbs

I haven't seen either team play a game this season, so I don't know if I can give a fair and accurate analysis. But reguardless, it will be tough to leave Morganton with a win.