1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A - Week 11

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by reynoldsrocks23, Oct 22, 2007.

1. whspioneers

whspioneers Full Access Member

ACR Rolls South Caldwell 35-7

Alexander Central knocks of SmackDowell 42-38 in a thriller Buggy drops over 300, Russell drops over 400 passing Alexanders D wins it

Watauga beats Freedom but not by alot 24-10

Sets up an amazing week next week with EB vs FHS and WHS vs ACR.

2. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

AC Reynolds @ S Caldwell AC Reynolds will win in a workmanlike fashion. Rockets are coming off the bye week and they will get 3 td's from Spencer and win 31-14

Alexander Central @ McDowell Big night for Kincaid but like most of the time, it won't be enough. Cougars are playing better defense but it's still a shootout. Cougars 30 McDowell 21

Watauga @ Freedom [ B]Freedom will be looking for a way to bounce back after that backbreaker in Taylorsville. Watauga will get the win over a near empty house in Morganton. Watauga 24 Freedom 10

[/B]

3. mtnman606

mtnman606 Full Access Member

acr is a good team ,but they can be beat might not be watauga that beats them and ,if they dont bring there a game they will lose,but i think they will bring there a game because of last year.i just think there are alot of teams acr being one of them that would lose to the teams we have.and if you were not at any of those games then all you have to go on is the score.watauga played shelby,davie very close the first half.and you seen acr play mcdowell team that there jv could beat ,so they are going to look that good to you,and all i am saying is watauga is good.and could have played the same teams as last year and would be 8-1 losing to east,i would rather have a team that plays some good teams and lose than play west caldwell and win.nothing we can do as for as playing avery and ashe to much of a money game.but i like the fact that we have played davie,shelby so when we play teams like acr we have already played some teams i would say are better than acr,but to me it means nothing if we lose to freedom.and just like last year no one thought we could beat them last year ,the citzen and times had watauga losing that playoff game by 40,so thats why you play the game we will show up ready to play as will acr.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  4. fmrtitangreat

fmrtitangreat mcdowell titans

ok mtnman looks like you have been in the mtns for far too long- as far as reynolds jv team beating our varsity lets get serious, our jv team beat reynolds jv so that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. secondly we have played every game close in the first half to(except reynolds) so i guess that we are awesome too- oh wait its not a one half game its 2. dont go back and forth-first you are saying its a watauga win then its a "well they better bring their a game, then its well we probably wont beat ac. give me a break- last year is last year and you guys had a better team. heres a saying i heard a long time ago, if you are still talking about yesturday then you aint dont much today. you guys have a decent team- better than my titans b/c you won that game, but dont walk around like you shoulda beat shelby, davie, or east burke becasue you didnt. if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry christmas. good luck against freedom this week and we will see how you do against reynolds. end of story.

5. mtnman606

i have not said this untill now but,i do think mcdowell should have won more games,i do think you guys could have a team that can win ask bigdan i have talked to him about the football at mcdowell.high school football has alot to do with coaching,you can have a very good team if you hve kids that will play hard,and have a good coach.i think you guys need a new coach.you cant tell me that there is more good players in watauga than at mcdowell.as far as the jv thing you are right but,you cant go on one game,we all know what acr is thats a very good football team and watauga would have to play a great game to win and,acr will have to play a good game to beat watauga.all i am saying is this watauga has lost 3 games and there are a lot of teams that would lose to the teams we have.there is noway that mcdowell should be 2-7i hope you guys get a new coach to turn it around for mcdowell good luck friday ,and come up and watch the game at watauga and acr it will be a good one.and what i have seen mcdowells team plays very hard the whole game you should be very proud of that.never said we should have beat those teams at all .they are all very good teams i do think we could have played better but we had are shot and did not so we move on.end of this ok.

6. oldebfan

oldebfan Full Access Member

NW4A-Week 11

Indy,
    I don't think Watauga could beat East Burke 1 out of 10. My opinion. You stated it correctly Watauga prepared for Frogge. Shatley looked like a truck for the past two weeks. East Burke also has several more players that make a big difference. Ask the ACR fans. How many passes did #7 catch against them. He also had a long one against McDowell. East Burke has probably the best "team" they have ever had. It's sad that it had to come on the last year before they split with Draughn.

7. mtnman606

east has a very good team this year and you have a great coach play against him while he was at west,and i played at watauga telling my age now lol.but watauga can beat east you guys played a great game and flat out beat us but,i am sure your coachs dont feel like they would win 10 out of 10 games with watauga.good luck in the playoffs and watauga will try there best to give you a share of the title when we play acr.and how bad will the new school hurt east next year.there is one thing i would say east is the only place i have been in all my years of playing and going to high school game i have ever been called the n word. that happen as me and my family was walking back to the car.but they were just high school kids.

8. Indy 85

Indy 85 Full Access Member

:94poopbanana-thumb1

9. Applete

Applete Full Access Member

The seniors next year should get to stay at EB and literally 90% of the starters on jv this year came up from EB middle. So the cavaliers should have probably 3 more strong years. We'll just have to see how it unfolds though.

i posted this on the jv forum.....

10. Applete

Applete Full Access Member

Oh and EB's junior varsity has blown through everybody except a poor defensive game and loss to ACR.