1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A Week 3 Schedule:

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by bigdan, Jan 5, 2009.

1. basketball101

basketball101 Junior Member

McDowell missed being alone in first place by one point.

2. basketball101

basketball101 Junior Member

Sorry, technically two points.

3. ebhs1977

ebhs1977 Full Access Member

So does EB. ACR beat them by one also.

4. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

SC 57
    Freedom 48

After falling behind to start the game SC rallied back to take the lead in the 2nd quarter and I don't think they ever trailed after that. The defense which is what SC is all about did their job holding Ford to 14 points.

Gross 19 points
    Sams 12 points
    Boston 10 points 16 rebounds

The surprise of the year has to be East Burke. No one expected what they are doing. I knew we should do well along with Freedom but EB came to our place and whipped us and now Mcdowell. Congrats to them. Their coach is doing an outstanding job

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  5. fordfan

fordfan Member

terribly sluggish night for Pats playing without their #2 scorer CC Connelly- who is their best on the ball defender. (Injured ankle on Thursday) They needed her normal 12-15 pts.
    Ford had Pats first 7 then didn't get many open looks after that and the whistle was blowing so much they could never wear them down.
    Congrats to SC for this effort.

6. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

Don't forget to mention the weather outside was pretty cold while we're going over our list of excuses fordfan.LOL

7. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

The loss for McDowell last night really stings...I think if you ask most everyone that was a game that the Lady Titans should have handled. I thought the defensive effort in the first half was really lacking, we allowed the Lady Cavs way too many good looks at the basket. They got in a groove and it carried over through the rest of the game. Congrats to Coach Gravel and her girls on the win...you know Katie (as a player) used to really play her best games against McDowell. Now she's our nemesis as a coach...she has a really young team this year which bodes well for her when they drop down in classification next year.

The events in Icard coupled with what happened at the Freedom/South Caldwell game has really opened things up as far as the possibilities in the conference. Tuesday's game in Sawmills is now huge for both the Lady Spartans and Lady Titans.

8. BurkeCountySports

BurkeCountySports Junior Member

Sounds like it has been an amazing week in the NW4A.Five teams with one loss in the conference.This will be pretty interesting to see how things end up down the road.If I know Coach Fox like I think I do she is not making any excuses for them getting beat.She is probaly moving on and getting them ready for the next game like the good coach that she is.good luck to all the teams this week.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  9. fordfan

fordfan Member

What?
    I don't believe letting readers know that an impact player is out is making an excuse, these guys. Here know what CC brings to the game
    NO excuse- just a fact
    BC beat UNC last week but I bet you wouldn't put money they could do it again!

10. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

Would it be so hard for you to say Great job South Caldwell you played a great game tonight against a very good Freedom team and won.:woot: