1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A Week 4 thru 7 Scores

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by tonync55, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebhs1977

ebhs1977 Full Access Member

McDowell 52
    Freedom 48

2. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

AC Reynolds 56
    South Caldwell 49

ACR
    Whitney Brinkley 19
    Karlee Taylor 13
    Michelle Lopez 11

SC
    Karen Gross 17

South led 36-32 after three quarters, but the Lady Rockets outscored the Spartans 24-13 in the fourth.

Watauga 56
    Alexander Central 22

3. tarheels72

tarheels72 Full Access Member

Playoffs?

How many teams usually make the playoffs in the NW4A? I'm pretty sure McDowell and Freedom do every year. Do they have a chance to reach the Finals? Just wondering......

4. Freedom Sball

Freedom Sball Full Access Member

McDowell---52
    Freedom----48

Great rivalry game once again. McDowell led by double figures at the half. Tie game around a minute to go. Terrible 2nd quarter by FHS, outscored 20-5 with Kurie on the bench.

Ford--24
    Hamilton-20
    Washington-8

One official was terrible, two calls on Washington were very questionable and the illegal screen was a terrible call on Freedom at that point in the game.

5. dribbles

dribbles Full Access Member

fhs/mcd

I'm sure there will be lots of comments on this game, it did come down to a block/ charge on a high screen set for Ford- where she hits the 3 for the lead but the call goes against FHS...
    Ford -24
    Washington -8 (foul trouble)

Tie game with 1:40 left- the way FHS /McDowell games are suppose to be.

Just hope no one starts talking about how much better one team is than the other- they are not. either team wins if they get the breaks at the end--Good game.

6. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Let me say that I honestly thought Freedom put together the best game plan that the current coaching staff has ever used against us and that was being deliberate early on. In the past I've seen Freedom try to run with McDowell and it fail with misery.

It was a great effort tonight for both squads. I though Kelsea Greene played one of her best games ever. I know the stats were not earth shattering but the defensive intensity she played with the entire was not matched by anybody. She was pretty much the main reason Ford shot 9 of 27 from the field. The most concerning thing coming out of the game for McDowell was that Greene aggrivated her right hand which was injured at the East Burke game.

7. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

4 automatic bids come from the NW4A...they can also get additional teams if their overall record qualifies for one of the Wild Card spots.

8. The Warden

The Warden Full Access Member

Dang, I hate I missed it. I had to announce the Freedom-McDowell wrestling match - won by Freedom, 62-12.

Was the crowd a factor into Ford shooting 9 for 27? If not in Morganton, it will be a problem in Marion.

9. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

As Thad would say,Our star point guard was hurt,our leading scorer was on the bench in early foul trouble and we still had enough to beat a good team. I can't wait for the re-match at the Silver Dome.

10. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

No dribbles tell the real story. It came down to the final seconds where Ford could have tied it at the free throw line and she missed. That was the end of the game...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.