1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A Week 5 Schedule...

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by bigdan, Jan 18, 2009.

1. WHSHOOPSFAN

WHSHOOPSFAN Member

Looks like our coach got out coached again. South Caldwell only no player over 5' 9" and we have to great post players that are 5' 11" and 6' 1" and they don't get a chance to score. Poor coaching. Not to mention the 25+ turnovers WHS had. What a waste of a talented team. Coach, do us all a favor and step down. What a joke the WHS program has become.

2. bighssportsfan

bighssportsfan Junior Member

SCHS has 1 6'0" player and a 5'10" player. You think that agressiveness and defense could have been the reason that the post game was not effective in either game, at WHS and at SC. The coach seems to be using what he has. They are an excellent Free throw shooting team. and all 5 postitions can shoot outside.

3. Erwin Martin

Erwin Martin Junior Member

Over & Over & Over

Here we go again. Fire the coach! Fire the AD! Fire the school board! Impeach the president! Lock down the thread, AGAIN!

I have seen your team play twice this year against SC. The first time was a blow out against whs. They just rolled over. In the last meeting, your team showed up and played a pretty talented team. Plus you still had a chance to win the game. Your girls looked more intense, less intimidated, and better prepared to play. Your coach can't hit the free throws for your girls. Dumb passes are dumb passes on any team.

IF your girls continue to play with the same intensity and fearlessness, they can win some games. Personally, I'd pack in a zone against you guys and negate your post players. I don't think you guys have a consistent outside threat. Just an observation from two games, however.

Plus, give SC some credit. Don't forget that our conference has some quality teams, as is evident in the top 5 being close in the standings.

4. bighssportsfan

bighssportsfan Junior Member

Thank you Mr. Martin. Everyone wants success and to decrease the points in a loss is a positve thing. One thing that I love is that the WHS girls played hard until the end and believed in one another. I have coached and I have never sank a basket or made a turn over for my team. As a WHS fan you should be supportive. This is not college basketball or the pros your guy has potential and good schemes.

5. mountainball

mountainball Full Access Member

WHSHOOPSFAN, why don't you do WHS and all of us a favor, stop being negative or just stop posting. The ladies played their hearts out. Yeah, mistakes were made, but they were made on both sides of the court. I, personally, am sick and tired of you getting on here and seeing you be so derogatory towards this team. Do you think it was better in the past?

SHould this team have won more games, sure, but who shouldn't have won more games. Like has been said many times, this is a talented conference. Any team can beat any other on a given night. This team has laced it up every game and played hard. They have a definite weakness in that they really don't have a player that can knock down the 3-ball to get teams extended to take advantage of their size. I think they have done a good job the come up with other ways to get the ball in the hands of their post players....Sometimes it is hard to win games when it has been so long since you have had a winning season.... be patient.. it will happen if people will keep their stupid noses out of it. I commend the coach at WHS for not giving up on the girls and giving them a chance to win/ succeed. IT is evident that he and the players are continuing to believe. If they weren't, they wouldn't have played so well Friday night.

I truly hope you realize that what you continually do on here is detrimental to the players that read your rhetoric. Maybe if people on the mountain would support the players and their coaches without questioning EVERY SINGLE move, the coaching turnover would not be so bad in that program. You do realize that what you are doing fuels the reputation that Watauga has don't you? If that was your intent, then congratulations. You have succeeded in helping to ruin a proud school. Get a grip.... Watauga has a really good coach.... be happy that you have someone with as much passion and true concern for the players and the programs future.

If I offended anyone, I apologize but I cannot sit around any longer and listen to WHSHOOPSFAN (which I seriously doubt they are a true fan the way they post on here) and others that continually bash WHS women's basketball. If you have something useful or interesting to post, then by all means, do so, otherwise, keep your negatism to yourself.

6. BurkeCountySports

BurkeCountySports Junior Member

Doesnt this guy do the p.a. or involved in watauga athletics somehow??If he is he should be told not to come back.

7. Erwin Martin

Erwin Martin Junior Member

Reality

Not a fan of a particular team. I've seen a few games this year. I'm just tired of the same negative comments from the same people. Reading over past posts, whshoopsfan bashed the last coach and the current coach with the same accusations: we are soooooo talented; it's the coaches fault; he doesn't know how to use the incredible talent he has; we shouldn't lose to teams better than us.

I know it's fun to win, but some people need a reality check.

Out of here!!

8. whspioneers

whspioneers Full Access Member

No, no way, no how, not applicable. No one actually knows who WHS hoops fan is. Thats why we get fed up with his comments. If you can't say it to a coach’s face, then don't slander him on a stupid message board anonymously.

9. nctiger

nctiger Full Access Member

Having watch both games the Watauga played against SCm if you are a Watauga fan you should be proud of tlhe improvement that your team has shown since the start of Conf. play...
    As for myself, I was darned relieved that SC came away with a win in the last game.