1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A Week 8 Schedule...

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by bigdan, Feb 9, 2009.

1. YosefGold

YosefGold Junior Member

Great game last night, great atmospere. Both teams could not have played any harder than they did. In my opinion, both teams did a fantastic job of limiting the other teams strength. McDowell on Ford and Freedom on Gellman, both of these young ladies had sub-par performances. Nothing against them because I think they are two of the best players our league has to offer. Give credit to good team defense and good coaching on both sides. Missed free throws by both teams changed the way the game played out in the end. McDowell seemed well organized on the their last offensive possesion of the game, but gave Freedom more than enough time to make a play. I told my wife during the last time out not to be surprised if Ali won the game at the buzzer. There was no question who was going to get the ball at the end of the game and rightfully so. It appeared all five McDowell players were guarding her and she was unable to get the shot off. it was one of those tough fought games that you have to feel bad for whichever team that loses because they both put it all on the line. Congratulations to McDowell on a great night and a great season. I have to admit it when I am wrong, and I was wrong about this team.

Now the question may be, how will this game effect Friday. Will McDowell not be as socused for the game now that they have the title wrapped up, going to a tough place to play against a very good team? And, will Freedom be able to come out with the same intensity after this heartbreaking lose? I have to think that being at home on senior night against a cross town rival will help get the Patriots back on their feet. Logic would tell me that the task will be much harder for the Lady Titans, but I for one won't count that bunch out anymore.

I have enjoyed my short time on this message board. Good healthy debate and discussion aside from the ocassionally needless negative comments about players and coaches.

2. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

And I am enjoying reading your comments on here too YosefGold. It' s always a pleasure to share views with posters like yourself that know the game. One reason I got hooked on the Ladies basketball and softball programs is because I love to watch how they play together as a team to make things happen. They seem to put much more emotion and effort in their games than the guys do. Don't get me wrong,I love to watch all high school sports but the Ladies Basketball,softball season in my favorite.

3. BurkeCountySports

BurkeCountySports Junior Member

Freedom has not won a conference title or tournament since 2002 when Kerri Gardin was a senior.I may get knocked for saying this but I beleive Kerri is the best player ever to play at Freedom.Im not knockin Ali by all means cause I have seen her play alot and she is really good,but Kerri know how to take a game over and carry a team on her back like no one I have ever seen in the nw4a.

4. tonync55

Be careful BCS,Dribbles will call you a hypocrit.:xyxthumbs:

5. BurkeCountySports

BurkeCountySports Junior Member

Its my opinion and im entitled to it.I never said ali was a bad player because she is really good.I just feel Kerri is the best player ever to play girls basketball at freedom.

6. The Warden

The Warden Full Access Member

It's either her or Natasha Davis from the state title teams of the mid 90's. Both had dramatic effects on games.

7. tonync55

8. fordfan

fordfan Member

9. tman

tman tman

Boy this looks like a thread that can get ugly!

Another thread might be an all-time NW4a team
    the locks are:
    Gardin, Davis, Ford-FHS

Atkinson-McDowell

You all can fight over the rest.[/QUOTE]

Well if you include Ford, you have to include washington as she was the POY over Ford.. and I really dislike saying that being a freedom fan!:dizzy2:

10. sportsguru

sportsguru Junior Member

Well if you include Ford, you have to include washington as she was the POY over Ford.. and I really dislike saying that being a freedom fan!:dizzy2:[/quote]I wish someone would post the stats of ford gardin davis washington n thr career top 2 bottom (pts. asst. stl. reb. fg% 3pt% etc.) then imo it would make it easier 2 discuss this!not sure but i think ford had better numbers when wash. won poy but mcd. won conf. each time. . .pull the numbers i would love 2 c them!!