1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A- Week 9

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by interestedonlooker, Oct 8, 2007.

1. interestedonlooker

interestedonlooker Full Access Member

Watauga
    Freedom
    ACR

AC wins only b/c the Bye has no offense.

2. fmrtitangreat

fmrtitangreat mcdowell titans

meangreen you dont think to much of the boys from marion do you? i can understand why i guess but 35? whew i hope you are wrong-way wrong on that one. how is the qb from reynolds? i know they want him healthy for that matchup with watauga coming up any chance we will see him friday night?

3. thomasmagnum

thomasmagnum Member

from what i've been told by folks in asheville ac reynolds has found a gem at qb

4. MeanGreen70

MeanGreen70 A.C. Reynolds Rockets

If reynolds turns it over alot mcdowell could keep it close.

5. OldRef

OldRef Junior Member

Western Burke County. Lived in the Hickory Area f
    Picks

East Burke over Watauga by less then 3. If Watauga can take the crowd out of the game early they could win.

Reynolds over McDowell by 10. This is some what of a rival game for McDowell and the Titians will play hard.

South Caldwell over Freedom by 10. The Spartans will roll into Freedom and take what little pride the Patriots have back to Hudson. Word is at Freedom the seniors have laid down and don't want do what it takes to win. After watching last weeks game against Reynolds, I tend to have the opinion the Patriots lack heart and toughness. I sat with some of the Rocket fans and that is the feed back I was getting from some of the older folks who have been to about every game the Rockets have ever played. The Freedom defense did play tough in the 2nd half, the fact is you play two halfs not one.

6. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

East Burke vs Watauga -East Burke by 14
    Freedom vs South Caldwell- Freedom will win number 2 by 7
    McDowell @ ACR Buggy gets his 200+ but the Titans will give up 300+ Rockets by 28

7. footballfever181

footballfever181 Full Access Member

If ACR turns the ball over it will be more than close, you don't beat McDowell with good D. Buggys too talented. You beat them with 205 yards rushing on 16 carries. If you don't outscore the titans, you don't beat the titans. That said ACR wins big

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  8. rumblebee86

rumblebee86 Junior Member

1. east burke by 17
    2. freedom by 21
    3. mcdowell by 3 buggy goes off like always and the titans pull off the upset.

9. footballfever181

footballfever181 Full Access Member

Ill be back to take my punishment if i'm wrong but i gotta say

East Burke by 17 is giving the Pioneers way too little credit, I picked Watauga to win, but I do not expect either team to win by a margin like 17. The fact that it's homecoming is a slap in the face to Watauga. We'll see tomorrow.

Freedom does not typically put up 21 let alone win by it! I doubt again that this game will have a big point spread, or big points for that matter. I'm feeling the 'upset' by the Spartans.

McDowell. How many beating will the Titans have to take before someone realizes that there are several elements lacking before you can deal with ACR and the like. These include a Defense, and O line, a passing game....They simply dont have all the weapons to beat ACR. Especially in Asheville!!

10. OldRef

OldRef Junior Member

Western Burke County. Lived in the Hickory Area f
    Picks

Football Fever

After looking at your picks, and seeing most of these teams play, you might be overlooking the fact that McDowell High will play hard. Don't be suprised if the game with Reynolds is close.
    East Burke might take care of Watauga, but by this time of the season the rest of the Watauga team should be better. Beware East Burke, Watauga will show up with winning on their mind.
    And you must of seen Freedom play - I think South will roll all over the gutless Patriots, somebody needs to send some Huggies to Morganton. Maybe some Heart and Backbone.