1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NW4A

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by sball, Feb 22, 2008.

1. gazelle

gazelle Junior Member

A direct violation! She should never be punished for not attending fall workouts!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2008
  2. central-d

central-d Full Access Member

I think the one that will end up being punished here may be the coach. She broke the rules and denied a kid the opportunity to play. What would the penalty be for this violation. If your smart and don't want the ones who don't come to workouts on your team you just cut them at tryouts and keep your mouth shut about why they were cut.

3. fence

fence Full Access Member

offseason- read my lips

Any coach who tries to intimidate any player for any reason should be fired. Plain and simple. It is a game at the high school level, not a career, Any coach who thinks otherwise should have his/her privates removed to lower their testosterone/ estrogen levels, and should in no way have any involvement in the development of our children.
    Practice starts in Feb at high school level JMHO
    Play ball, not favorites
    This board should in no way condone any attempt to circumvent the rules, posters to this effect should be banned immediately, regardless of tongue in cheek reasoins

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

???Did we miss something

5. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

fence, we agree, there is never a good reason to cheat or side step the rules. 99% of us do what we can, when we can as directed by the governing body of hs softball. it's the 1% that makes the rest mad. we dont mention names of coaches or schools on this forum in this case. i suggest that if you can prove it, do something about it in raleigh, but please dont discuss this with names on this forum, gossip can be pretty damaging, especially if you're wrong. oh, and i'm not saying it didnt happen, i'm not saying it did happen.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  6. sbplayer

sbplayer Junior Member

no is or was punished for not going to workouts. coach said i need to catch up to the rest of the girls. i'm no way in shape like the ones who was running and lifting in the off season and she said that i need to work on that, and it shows in practice. no girl was denied the chance to play. everyone made the team. some are in better shape than others and ready to play while others (like me) need to get in better shape. she made it clear to me and i understand. like i said before you have to earn your spot on our team. to do that one has to show they are serious about the sport and team.

7. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

very true and an excellent attitude on this sbplayer, kudo's to you and good luck this season....

8. hispeed

hispeed Full Access Member

like i stated earlier. sometimes young minds (and old) hear but don't listen to what is said to them. sounds like she was just given great advice that hard work pays off. something she'll be able to use in all facets of life. good luck sbplayer in getting into game shape. hope your season like all you young ladies playing hs ball rocks!!!:satana:

9. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

HUH ???

It appears that someones feathers are ruffled, we went from a simple explanation to a trial by jury..I'm like BRAVES ...DID I MISS SOMETHING, MY WIFE SAYS I NEVER HEAR WHAT IS SAID??

:Reagan-hittin-head----- Guru

10. softballmom35

softballmom35 softball diva

great game

A little off track from the current topic but....it was a GREAT game last night between East Burke and St. Stephens. The game went eleven innings and ended in a 4 to 4 tie. Both teams played tough in the cold. Go Cavs!!!