1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

off season workouts

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by catamount36, Dec 9, 2004.

1. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

The...

NCHSAA has never really been supportive of BAseball and Baseball wishes at the HS level as far as what the coaches want (ed). This can be attributed to a great freind of mine and peer and his great work on behalf of the coaches here in the state of NC. Dale Ijames retired Kernersville-Gleenn coach battled all the time for positives in NC HS baseball only to be stopped in his tracks by the big interests in reference to FB and BB seasons. Back to the original thread which I have seen here similar ones before IMHO sure things have become considerably more competitive over the last 25 years yet there comes a time when enuf is enuf! You are damned if u do or damed if you don t is the bottom line from a coaching perspective. How much a player loves the game will dictate the level of play and workouts in which they do which should be more on an individual basis. I thhink players shouls "shutdown" at least a month perhaps two and concentrate on studies or another if not a third sport in which they love and enjoy lpaying in the BB Off season! You are only a kid once and will only be able to play for so long! :huh:

2. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

i don't think we should ever talk our players out of playing another sport. competition is competition, and you can't simulate it. this thread was in reference to guys who do not play other sports. i think we should encourage our guys to play more than one sport.

3. recon0321

recon0321 Junior Member

Ok,Ok , I got your message. I'm not saying to encourage kids to not play other sports, what I was saying is that coaches of a sport want their players to work on that particular sport year round. Now I will say that if you work on a sport year round, you will get better at that sport. If kids enjoy more than one sport then by all means play more than one but if they only want to play one sport then work on it and get better because the ones that do will be better than the part time players.

4. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

I will agree with "O" about the lack of support at the NCHSAA for baseball, it goes to money speaking, and although I have a great deal of respect for Dck Knox, he has never been receptive to ideas from the baseball coaches. However, If we 'band together and stand up for our sport as a united front, then we have no reason to think that the NCHSAA will ever listen to us. I hope that Que Tucker, the successor to Dick Knox, will be more receptive to us, however unless we do something ourselves, don't expect anything to be handed out. PLease join the NCBCA, even if you don't come to Raleigh this weekend, because we can do more if we are united in numbers. Also Dale Ijames is one heckuva guy and a personal friend of mine. I learn from him anytime we have the opportunity to chat.

"O" - Thanks for your observations about desire... It amounts to that and I agree that kids sho8uld also be kids too!!!

5. mashintheball

mashintheball Junior Member

Can anyone tell me Coach Dale Ijames email address for the Kernersville Bulldogs?
    Thanks

6. baseballmom34

baseballmom34 Full Access Member