1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Official Mens Tournament Update Thread

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by whspioneers, Feb 14, 2006.

1. jge1968

jge1968 Premium Member

Who are the refs for this game? Is it the same crew that officiated the Reynolds/East Burke game last night? If so, EB will end up conference champs. I was told that two of the refs were Hefner's which is uncannily similar to the last name of one of the EB players. On a serious note, EB is very well coached and they are one of the best teams I have seen in the conference when it comes to boxing out. They did a great job last night defensively in the second half, congrats on the win last night. Good luck to both teams tonight even though it should be about over by now.

2. jge1968

jge1968 Premium Member

Wow, that is about what EB was behind last night at the half. Any word on that officiating crew? :dead-hors

3. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

I think David Brown and Jack Russ are two of those calling the Championship Game...their names were mentioned on the radio.

4. bigdan

McDowell 44
    East Burke 43 (late 3Q)

East Burke on foul line, Matt Evans just picked up 4th foul.

5. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

Okay, so just out of curiosity I was wondering where you were planning on getting all of these "qualified" coaches? Also, what makes a coach "qualified"? Do you even know? If you do, please share so the masses will know.[/QUOTE]

There are lots of very good basketball coaches in the area. Several coach AAU teams and do a tremendous job and would be great high school coaches. West Caldwell has one of the best coaches in the state and it shows year in and year out they are competitive. The coach there has three sons who were great players and now help him as assistants. One of them would probablly jump at the chance to be a head coach in Caldwell county. I don't think any of them have degrees though. What makes a coach qualified you ask. Someone who knows the game, knows how to properly use his players, and most importantly someone who can motivate his players to run through a wall if he ask them to; i.e. someone the kids respect and want to please because they know he knows what he is doing. Good coaches aren't hard to find you just need to know where to look

6. bigdan

McDowell 70
    East Burke 61 (FINAL)

Matt Evans 21 pts
    Petey Hausley 17 pts

Titans win the NW4A Conference Tournament!!! :bananalam :bananalam

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  7. jge1968

jge1968 Premium Member

Congrats to the Titans. Good job and good luck next week.

8. titan90

titan90 titan90

It was Huss, Brown, and the little short guy that called the MHS girls game the other night against Reynolds. They called 48 fouls in this game. I got worried when Matt picked up his 4th foul, but he played good defense the last quarter without fouling out. I think Bliss is a good coach, but tonight he worried to much about the officials. He questioned every call that was made against EB. Then again on thursday night they did not call no fouls on EB so i guess he was pissed because they were calling fouls tonight. I thought Matt Evans should have been MVP of the tournament, but they gave it to Brian Greene. Nevertheless that was a huge win for Titans and Coach Church. Now maybe the Warden will sit back and keep his mouth shut.
    #3 for EB showed some terrible sportmanship when he went to receive his All Tournament Award without a shirt on and his shorts halfway down his crack.

9. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

STUNNING!! 48 fouls.....:wtf23:

Nice to see someone else notice there wasn't anything called on Thursday against EB!!!

10. fightintitan90

fightintitan90 Full Access Member

I agree with Bliss worrying about the refs too much. McDowell has been playing great ball the past couple games. Good to see such a good student section for an away game and storming the court at EB. I also thought it was bad sportsmanship when Bliss took his team into the locker room at the end of the game when McDowell was recieving their trophey.