1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Old Angels Coach

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by ryanexpress, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Looking though some old pictures

Here are a few to share. Getting the line up ready.
    15 USSSA June 17-19 001.jpg

2. Plate Dad

Meeting after the game

15 USSSA June 17-19 2 016 (2).jpg

3. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

my condolences to the Beck family, it sounds like he was a great coach that touched a lot of lives

4. Plate Dad

Last one the rock

Little story behind this one. Behind in a game one day, Tanner comes up to bat. We have the winning run on third, two outs. Tanner hit a slow roller. Should have been a very playable ball.Ball hits a rock takes that funny hop. Run scores game won. Keith would look at the field of play and pick up a rock for luck. Not sure if it worked or not. I will say the we won a lot of hardware in the day.
    15 USSSA June 17-19 009.jpg

5. RedSoxFan

RedSoxFan Full Access Member

Our condolences to the Beck Family

Keith was a very special person and a very special Coach! Keith deserves all the credit for Nick being where he is today. He gave him an opportunity when he was 13 years old and his coaching along with Todd and Joe is what has driven Nick for the past 5 years.

The baseball world lost a great Coach but more importantly, the Beck family lost a great husband, father, grandfather and friend.

The only consolation is, today, God received a great Coach and family member.

Keith, you will be missed but always remembered. God bless you and your family.

The McBrides

6. baseballbatts

baseballbatts Junior Member

He will be missed!

The Batts' family is truely sorry for the Beck Family's loss of Keith. He has touched many people's lives in his short life. Friendships have been created that would not have happened and memories made. Keith taught our son many great baseball lessons but more importantly the life lessons he learned from Keith has made him a better young man. We are deeply sorry for your loss and you will always remain in our prayers.

7. carolina angles

carolina angles Member

The current Carolina Angels send our condolences to the Beck family. I met Keith several times when he was the Angel coach and also the Carolina Mariner coach. He seemed like a fine man, coach, and of course a great dad. The Carolina Angels will never forget you....

Tim Bailey
    10u Carolina Angels

Attached Files:

8. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

My prayers go out to Tanner and the Beck family. I've enjoyed knowing Keith and Tanner. I am so sorry for the family. I will keep you in my prayers.

9. OurPasttime713

OurPasttime713 Full Access Member

Tanner Beck hitting the game-tying homerun tonight against Ragsdale in Parkland's thrilling win over Ragsdale is one of the greatest baseball moments I can ever remember.

You just know Keith was looking down watching and is so proud, and he's now able to watch Tanner play while being pain-free instead of battling that terrible disease.

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  10. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

Tanner was 2-4 with a home run, RBI and 2 runs scored - the game tying and game winning run. It was a tough game to lose as a Ragsdale fan but you can't help but be happy for this young man to have such a big game with all he had to deal with.