1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Old Angels Coach

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by ryanexpress, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Sorry guys we had a couple of those lucky rocks tonight.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I'd say they could make a movie about this...but it would be too unbelievable:angel::angel::angel:

3. OurPasttime713

OurPasttime713 Full Access Member

I was thinking the same thing. They really could make a movie out of it.

4. GloveSide

GloveSide Full Access Member

The line up will be to long to post.

Not sure how many think about this but my 21 cents. I appologize up front if I offend any one but Im posting this to pay respects.

No one really comprehends how many or who's lives they touch or what their actions influence even to the smallest degree.

Directly and indirectly we influence and sway daily actions of others. God watches though. Heck he is the ultimate coach. The ultimate AD.

IMO we are all here for reasons we cannot fathom. I personnaly see the most amazing and INSPIRING reasons for this. I never met OAC but I can assure you that OAC's influence is felt where Im at.

5. heels0710

heels0710 Full Access Member

Having known Keith and his family for many years in the USSSA circuit, the Holt family would like to send their condolences to the Beck family. Keith was a wonderful human being and an outstanding coach and person. He gave his all to his family up until the fiinal day. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him. God Bless to the entire Beck family. Congrats to Tanner on his victory tonight.

6. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Arrangements

A celebration of life service will be conducted 3 p.m. Sunday, May 17, 2009 at Konnoak Baptist Church with the Rev. John Bishop and Rev. Randy Sherrill officiating. The family will have a reception following the service at Konnoak Hills United Methodist Church. In lieu of flowers, memorial maybe made to Forsyth Regional Cancer Center Simstein Fund 3333 Silas Creek Parkway Winston-Salem NC 27103. The family would like to give a special thank you to all the care givers at Winston-Salem Health Care and Forsyth Cancer Center. Online condolences maybe made at www.hayworth-miller.com

I you need directions PM. It is very easy to find.

7. Caroliner

Caroliner Full Access Member

Good Lesson

Last night's game served as a pleasant distraction for Tanner and Kathy and the whole Beck family. It was a special night. As the one who has the opportunity to coach Tanner right now, I was thrilled he had the opportunity to shine by himself a little last night. I know Keith had the best seat in the house for that.

After hearing from a lot of different people and reading posts on here as well, Keith's influence is obviously profound. It's a good reminder for us as coaches, whether it's high school or travel or Little League or whatever, how much of an impact we have on young people. We are going to have an impact. It's either going to be positive or negative. Situations like this should put in perspective what our priorities should be. Winning games is a bonus.

8. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Great post, Andy...you've been gone waaaay too long

9. jd05

jd05 Full Access Member

it's hard..

to express the feeling each of us have when we lose someone that has had such a great impact on some many lives.. I feel grief for the Beck family and pray for their support and healing. I hope Parkland can keep the run and be a tribute to Keith.. He was a great coach, Competitor and model for the kids and parents that were fortunate enough to have played for or was associated with him.

Everyone look at your kids and give them a hug..

The Dobbins Family

10. TheOriole

TheOriole Full Access Member

our condolences and prayers go out to he and his family. He obviously was a great guy and father.