1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Opening day games

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by bigstars, Feb 27, 2010.

1. throw 90

throw 90 Full Access Member

North Davidson at Glenn on Monday. Should be a good game. ND is ranked 5th in the state but Glenn has some very good young talent along with UNC bound Parks Jordan.I figure Hunt will go for Glenn and their pitching staff is not as deep as it has been in the past.

2. texasleaguer

texasleaguer Full Access Member

Cuthbertson HS's First Game Today

Today will be Cuthbertson High School's first game in their history. I know many have probably gone through this, but I believe this is the beginning of something special in Union County. We play Forest Hills at 4:00PM today at home.
    Travis Little (ex-Montreat Coach) has got the boys ready and I know 2-A had better be ready for this first year team. A lot of boys with a lot of talent. In our one and only scrimmage last week they took Jay M Robinson 6 - 2 with some very good pitching and good bats. My son has 3 more years to go and I can't wait.:N1yeeaah:

3. 1down22go

1down22go Full Access Member

Cuthbertson

With the players I know: 3 Pitchers Hendel and Morrison (both Juniors, both D-1 prospects), Tekker (Sophmore D-1 Prospect) and Mangum (Sophmore Catcher- another major recruit), Cuthbertson is not your avg. 1st year team. They are very strong on the mound and behind the plate. For the few who do get on base, make the most of your opportunity, 'cause it won't happen very much.
    Not sure who else they have to help them, but if you can't hit 'em, and they don't walk 'em, the other teams options are few.
    I look for them to make a deep run in the 2A play offs.

4. Bonsway

Bonsway Full Access Member

Relish every moment because it goes by in a flash...

5. CPCbaseball

CPCbaseball Full Access Member

West Stokes at West Forsyth at 5pm today. JV's at West Stokes at 5pm as well.

6. upandin

upandin Junior Member

Rose @ Rocky Mount tomorrow. Game probably should have been pulled into today due to weather. When this game does take place, should be a good one.

7. texasleaguer

texasleaguer Full Access Member

Cuthbertson HS Baseball

Cuthbertson HS won it's first game as a new member and new school of the Rocky River 2A Division over Forest Hills 6 - 1. Peter Hendel (Jr. - LHP) threw all 7 innings with only 2 hits. Not really sure about the strike out or walk count, but the K's were pretty high. Preston Morrison was strong at the bat and helped with the RBI's. Everybody else contributed towards the win and the I really liked the aggressive play from Travis Little. Glad to see opening day come and gone. Baseball season is finally here!

8. east99

east99 east99

Charlotte Christian @ Marvin Ridge

Game is moved to 4:00 Thursday due to rain........or snow.....or sleet...or just rain....but maybe snow......some sort of precipitation.

9. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Week 1 Results.... Gotcha GUYS!! LOL

Post 'em here!! I got the jump on all of you!! LOL!

10. batsandballs29

batsandballs29 Full Access Member

St. Stephens 10 Maiden 0 (5 Innings)

WP - Ryan Gant (1-0) 4 IP, 8 k's, 2 hits, 0 BB
    LP - Jacob Killian

Leading Hitters

Saint
    Jacob Hoyle 3-3, 2 doubles and a triple, 2 RBI
    Matt Garner 1-2, 2 runs scored, RBI, SB

Maiden
    Luke Armstrong 2-2, 2 singles

Great start to the season for the Indians at home as they honored former player Jason McEachern. They will travel to Maiden for a rematch on Thursday. The JV Indians also started well with a 7-0 win.