1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Opening Day/Week 1 Results

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by SoutherNo1, Feb 25, 2008.

1. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

Would have to agree with both AGYK and Coach. Weddington is the real deal and the teams they have defeated are quality programs.

Coach Poole really has them playing well. Looking forward to seeing them Monday vs. Fort Mill, another quality team.

2. hitittome

hitittome Full Access Member

Weddington is the real deal

I was fortunate enough to see Weddington play on Saturday against Richmond and the are the real deal anytime Mr. Pilkington pitches. I am not sure what they have behind him. Richmond is missing their #1 and #2 pitcher so they are going to stuggle early on but once the bats wake up they will give anybody a game. I have seen Providence, Butler and Weddington all in action this year and I wouldn't bet against any of them when the playoffs roll around. When their studs are on the hill they have the opportunity to beat anybody in the state. So to answer your question YES the are the real deal especially when Pilkington takes the bump because HE is the real deal.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  3. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Occasionally a team is so strong, that they do make everyone else look weak.

4. Stretchy

Stretchy Full Access Member

Let'sBeNice

Why start the year with a negative post?

5. hitittome

So true

If anyone plays a tougher non conference schedule than Richmond I would like to hear about it.

Lee County, Butler, Wesleyan Christian, Weddington, Charlotte Christian, Ardrey Kell---Nobody wants any of these teams in their bracket come playoff time.

6. tj21

tj21 Moderator

hitittome, I wasn't slighting Richmond in my comment, I know they have quality baseball,,, the purpose of my post was to give Weddington props, obviously they have something very special this year.

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I've been waiting to hear this score for confirmation. Did West Wilkes play Mt Tabor?

8. Piratedad21

Piratedad21 Junior Member

My fault...sorry for the mistake. Even better for the Pirates !!! He looked very good against Indy Friday night.

9. hitittome

tj21

I didn't take it as slighting Richmond. No problem on my end. The fact is and you are correct in saying Richmond is going to be down some this year. The #1 starter had Tommy John surgery this past fall and the #2 is waiting on results from a MRI. So I am not sure any team in the state could overcome that kind of loss. But, thats why they play the game. However, neither one of those kids would be swinging the bat so the pitching the Raiders have seen is the real deal. It will be up to the players to step up and make a difference. Good luck this season.

10. PhillyDave

PhillyDave Senior Member

I have had the pleasure of working (baseball) with Brent the past couple of years. There is a "TON" of potential with this kid!