1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

opinions wanted: best 4a conference in n.c.

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by moesyslak, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I had to...or they would never let me back on their fields:D

2. BaseballMan

BaseballMan Full Access Member

MSEC

has three very strong programs in Richmond, Scotland and Pinecrest. I look for Scotland to push hard for a state championship in 2006. After those three, the rest of the conference falls off dramatically even though Hoke Cty did win a 4A championship in the early 90s.

3. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

I know I've got to stay objective....but, adding Independence and Weddington to the SW4A makes the conference schedule a "bear"....the so called "gimme games" like Garinger and Waddell from last season will be gone. You will have to throw one of your best pitchers each and every game this season. IMO if South Meck pitching stays healthy this year they will be hard to beat in a 2 game schedule each week. Braves, I do agree that Butler may be the team to beat with some very talented players returning from last year....don't over look Myers Park either or Providence or INDY.....Like I said the SW4A will be tough....no "cake walks".

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Db- you know where my allegiance lies....I thought I was being objective, but dang, it will not be a cakewalk facing the 3M company...Ryan Morris, Matt Layman and Matt Andress each week.

5. 007

007 Full Access Member

3 state championships in a row and 5 out of the last 10 is not an aberration, that's a dynasty !!!

6. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Population can go both ways.

When you talk about the triangle, sure the population is huge and there are more schools.

But with Richmond County/Scotland County/Hoke County, etc... you've got one school for the whole county. That means your HS team grows up playing ball together from Day 1. I know when I played little league, you could name probably 10 different future high schools represented on the team. I wonder how that compares to counties with one team per county?

7. SoutherNo1

SoutherNo1 Full Access Member

I thought the topic was strongest conferences.

8. PTBaseball

PTBaseball Full Access Member

Dynasty

"Dynasty" is a often an overused word, and it may be too early to call Big East's success over the past decade a dynasty, but certainly to apply "aberration" to Big East's success in 2005 is not only demeaning, it is not indicated by the facts.

I think the intent of this thread's original question was to get opinions on what are the top 4A conferences... I posted the state champs for the past 10 years as historical material... teams do not completely turn-over each year, so taking a look at them over time seems appropriate when discussing team and/or conference strengths... And conference makeup changes are also important... weaker teams leaving, stronger teams joining, or vice-versa, that's good stuff for discussion...

:twocents:

9. Coach May

Coach May Full Access Member

Southern1's Post

I did not see one thing in his post that could construed as demeaning. He simply stated his opinion. An opinion that is based on personal experience since he is a big follower of that conference and has been for several years. He has a son that plays in that conference and he attends tons of games each year watching all the teams. I don't know anyone that has as much knowledge of the players and teams in this conference as Southern1 does.

10. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Not sure if ya'll took my post the wrong way or not, but I wasn't complainin/arguin at all with SouthernNo1's post. I'm a big fan of the schools down that way and baseball in that area is about as tough as you can get. I'd put money on several 2A-3A schools down that way against several 4A schools from the Triangle.