1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Organizational Allegiance

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Coach Roger, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Hmmm.....I know some businesses that need to post this in their HR dept.

2. jfagala

jfagala Full Access Member

How Ridiculous

What you are propsing is simply out of the question. You are asking them not to live. :57:That is the culture and if their kid is not the one being featured, there will be H_ _ L to pay!!! Someone is going to compensate me!!:deal2:

My kid isn't starting for her high school JV team, 1st off the bench, but I told her to suck it up or go talk to the coach man (well, girl) to girl and figure it out....

Don't ask me to fight your battles, it isn't teaching what real life is eventually going to bring her....

3. softball4ever1987

softball4ever1987 Proud Mama

Not Ridiculus at all...

Not ridiculus at all, but also Not Gonna Happen!
    I don't think it would be ridiculus for people to teach their DD's to have some morals and values! I think it would be pretty difficult for A LOT of parents (today) to teach their DD's what they apparently do not know or choose not to live by! A LOT of people today, do not know how to treat other human beings! I'm not saying ask for miracles or something! I'm saying simple morals and values and RESPECT for another human being! Simple stuff that we should learn as elementary students!
    There is no such thing as loyality to anything, anymore! It just amazes me to hear the things that girls say about other girls (in front of adults, who laugh), and no one says it is wrong or anything! Unless it is their DD of course! Then it is BOO WOO!! My DD wasn't treated fair, but you know little "Sally", walks funny and she told "Dolly" that "Candy's" boyfriend kissed her and that she was going to tell everybody on the team and then they both just laughed and laughed! Why does this crap go on? What is the purpose of this crap! I'm not necessarily talking about the players as much as the adults! Kids learn from example! If that is what they see done, then that is what they will do!
    I am sorry, I don't feel that this is too much to ask! I managed to raise my DD with morals and values, it wasn't that hard, really it wasn't!
    As far as for businesses, you kinda expect the business world to be dog eat dog! But children's sports, GIVE ME A BREAK! Isn't there anywhere that still has any moral fiber? Doesn't anyone remember the old saying, do unto others, as you would have them do unto you? It would be different if I were talking about the kids, mainly, I am talking about the adults in charge of the kids, mainly! I have read posts on TBR about how teams believe in church values, faith and such! Well the church believes in rasing your children with values and respect for others!
    Not lets see how incredibly crappy we can treat this player and how long it will take to get her to leave! Come on, please don't try to act as though I'm asking you to walk 10 miles in the snow or something! Should adults not already know these things? I know there are some that know it! Should it not be the majority of adults that know these things? Just saying!

4. Abbey fan

Abbey fan Full Access Member

It all began

All issues started when we could no longer discipline kids or they call family service. God can not be spoken of in school, in govt., in business, etc. Also, we are not honest with our kids and teach them U must work hard to acheive your goals, U must prove your worth to get your dues, U must learn to work as a team to be successful, U should be happy for family, friends, and teammates that acheive success. No we want them to be the center of attention in every aspect of life whether they deserve it or earn it.
    Committment which many have spoken of is also a loss art! If we don't like something, we move on and send an e-mail we left or leave a voice mail to avoid discussing our perceived issues. The most loyal people are the ones that get the least respect yet are constantly asked to help even after they have been left out in cold.
    Well sorry, I am getting away from subject but agree none of us were taught by our parents the moral values and lack of respect that is out there today! Let's all take a look at our values and family and pledge to appreciate what we have and respect others for what they have acheived. LOL to all and Merry Christmas and may God be the center of your universe. Yea not politically correct but I do not care to follow the present HC group!

5. softball4ever1987

So True ole Wise One...

That is all I'm saying! But to just shake it off and say, well you just might as well be asking them not to live! There in lies the problem! I could not agree more with you Abbey, but then you aren't one of the one's that doesn't stand with morals and values, LOL! You are an honest, up front person, with class and respect for other people! If a coach would set some rules and stand by those rules, then the crap wouldn't go on! But then that coach may not have a team. either, anymore! That is a very sad reality, isn't it? It most certainly is not the majority of thinking in this world today! A fine example of why there will probably never be peace on earth or world hunger will never be solved! No one truly cares about right or wrong anymore!

6. softball4ever1987

If values and morals...

If simple morals and values should not be a part of a players makeup, then what things does one look for in a player to choose a captain for the team for example?
    Should the captain of a team not demonstrate commitment to the team, leadership skills, not be a follower, a leader, care for the entire team, be able to connect to each player at various levels, good attitude, good work ethics, a mentor to the younger teammates, ability to handle pressure, ability to motivate teammates, ability to resolve team issues or know whom to go to to get the proper resolution, a good role model on and off the field.
    All of these things come from being taught right from wrong, simple morals and values!

7. softball nut

softball nut Full Access Member

Team

Lot of good points here. As far as team & playing time, etc., The Cobras try to carry 11 dedicated girls. This way everyone gets plenty of playing time. Each girl takes their turn on the pine, & in the hot summer they espicially don't mind sitting out a little. In most of the showcases, you can bat all of the girls. I guess we're lucky, as there are no ego's on the team. Another is your coaching. We have an enthusiastic coach, & the girls feed off that energy.But one of the main points, is that when it is not fun anymore, it is time to move on. That is what it 's supposed to be about !!

8. Coach Roger

Coach Roger Full Access Member

In my coaching, when someone new comes on, one of the first speaches I give is just that; If at any time you find you are doing something you don't enjoy or are somewhere you don't want to be, then you need to be somewhere else. Not just for your own sake, but for the sake of everyone around you as well.

9. Crazecoach

Crazecoach For HIS Glory...

How about Thanksgiving and Christmas......

How about everyone's Thanksgiving meals with Big families? Were there any fights or arguements? I'm sure that there were and it brings the point home to many. Any time you get a group together some will treat others bad. It even happens at some churches....sorry to say. I like and respect everyones views on here and it makes you think about your own family gatherings, or should. If you treated someone wrong during the year(family or teammate) how about making it right during your next gathering. Our team will be having a Christmas party and I would hope everyone will be at peace and bond. Our family is having a huge Christmas dinner, so I would hope that things go well there also. Can you honestly expect your DD to treat teammates well if family is not? I'm sure I struck a nerve somewhere......to be continued.

Thanks, love the post!

10. Coach Roger

Coach Roger Full Access Member

But at that Christmas dinner, how far will you go out of your way to make sure everybody is happy? We have to do a ham and a turkey, and if the turkey is fried, then someone ain't gonna like that. Kinda like making sure the same girls doesn't do EH or DO twice in the same day? :1: JK.