1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Outstanding TBR Members

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I realize and understand if some of you want to remain anonymous, but I would like you to keep in mind some following things.

- TBR does not have a history of posters attacking one another
    - TBR is about helping players and their families to prepare and get noticed for the "next level"
    - We have a great amount of experience from so many different perspectives as members.
    - It would help out tremendously, if the new posters could gather information from you old members.

Think about this; if I needed some information about recruiting, college experience, how to handle a certain problem; who would be better to ask than Adam Warren's father, Mike Synan's, Wil Boyd's, Robert Woodard or his Dad, Jere Morton, Tom Porter, Drew Poulk, Ryan Morris, etc........

What I am asking is would some of you be willing to reveal your name behind the screen name, so our younger members would have a source to ask questions?

2. Super Jon

Super Jon Member

My name's Jonathan Carone, 04 graduate of West Stokes. I interned with the baseball team last year so I was at all the practices and games, etc. Most people strictly know me as SuperJon from NCPreps and everything. Even the other coaches in the conference (Coach Adams, JB, and Coach Maddox) all knew me as SuperJon which is fine by me. As one of our coaches said, SuperJon is known worldwide.

3. Braves

:D..thanks SuperJon. Sometimes it really helps to know the person behind the screen name...especially when it comes to giving weight to their opinions. Remember, many posters are going through showcasing, recruiting process, importance of grades, etc.. for the first time. I know it helped me tremendously to get advice from some of the posters that have already been through it. What people don't realize is there is a timeline for things to get done for each HS grade.

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Our legal department would like to point out that the above does not necessarily apply to Rant and Rave.
    [​IMG]

5. Braves

:D...good one Mags.

6. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

What was the question again ?
    :satana:

7. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

I'm Larry Davidson. I'm a former Charlotte Observer employee and I also worked for Knight Ridder Digital when it launched Charlotte.com. I have 15 years of media experience and have connections to journalists across the nation in the television, radio, newspaper, magazine and internet fields. If I can be of any assistance in that area, just give me a holler.

8. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Alright Braves, you know I'm a little slow being from South Carolina, but I think I understand your request:

I'm Rob Morris (Dbacks20 - new TBR moderator)...my son is Ryan Morris, a rising Senior at South Meck HS...I am also one of the American Legion Asst Coachs for Pineville Post 337.

The recruiting process has been a blast for us since last fall. I will be glad to try and give any insight / help possible...let me know:ylsuper:

9. baseball23

baseball23 Junior Member

Just joined...Paul Finger Jr. I have visited TBR often and enjoy all the chats and discussions. My son, Paul Finger III - senior at West Lincoln, played with Cherryville Legion past two years and played w/AAU teams and is playing w/ Mooresville Racers again this fall (2nd year).

I hope that most of you reveal your name...I think I may know some of you, but unsure. Braves, could you tell alittle about yourself?

I'm looking forward to chating with all of you.

10. Braves

Sure Baseball23. When I saw your screen name, I did a double take because it's so close to the one Matt Payne's dad used on TBR.

Anyway, a brief background in why I started TBR a few years ago. The only website that I knew about earlier was Charlotte.com. I was tired of the mudslingin', trashtalkin' negative comments in most of the replies. I wanted to read about the players and their successes, information on the recruiting process (check out Coach Alexander's interview), create an environment free from personal attacks and attract coaches and scouts to post without fear. Well, when I complained about the consistent attacks on players on Charlotte.com a poster said " if you don't like it...start your own"...and I did. With the tremendous help from NCBballfan, rcbballfan, Prepster and the support from Larry Davidson, we got this off the ground.

My background in baseball started with Abner Doubleday. First in college, then minor league ball, coached a short time in HS, then as a baseball parent:). I have a couple of close relatives that pitch/pitched in ML and taught them everything they forgot.

Have a son attending Lenoir-Rhyne this year...TJ Worrell..my name is Tom

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005