1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Outstanding TBR Members

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Aug 10, 2005.

1. barry49s

barry49s Full Access Member

That was a great run the Lexington Legion team put together. Too bad they couldn't win one of those last two games. What position does your son play?

I'm a West Davidson grad 83' by the way.

2. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

Barry, my son played left field.

West Davidson gave us a couple of key players, both of whom are rising seniors: Zach Roach, a power hitting center fielder who led the team in RBI's. Zach slumped early but came on in a rush the last month. He will play in college somewhere.
    Our right fielder was Josh Bush. Josh hurt his knee (ACL) last October, which robbed him of his valuable asset of speed. But he was still a solid fielder & hitter. He got the label "Mr Clutch" because frequently down the stretch he came up at key moments & delivered a huge hit. If his knee heals & his speed returns, I predict Josh plays in college too.

3. rcbbfan

rcbbfan Full Access Member

Jimi Wilson here. My son Ryan is a rising sophomore catcher at Western Carolina University. Of all the the people here I probably know the least about baseball. What I do know is kids. After all, I've raised 3. What little I know about baseball I learned from my son's coaches, both past and present. I learned a lot about kids and baseball when I returned to a LL game after my son was in HS. If you have a question about baseball or the recruiting process, Braves, NC, or Prepester are your best bet, but if I can be of any assistance......I'm on here nearly every afternoon. Good luck to you and all your sons(daughters) both on the field and during their recruiting experience.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2005
  4. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Mike Layton here, scoreboard operator, paint crew, and they let me coach fall team, at West Henderson HS.

5. WNCBB

WNCBB Full Access Member

My name is Gary Thrailkill. My son is Josh Thrailkill, a rising senior at TC Roberson. Josh recently committed to Clemson.

I've coached youth, AAU and summer/fall HS baseball in the Asheville area for the past 12 years. During that time, I've had the privilege to coach some outstanding young men and some great players. Now it's time to just sit back and enjoy Josh's senior season.

Let me know, if I can help in anyway.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2005
  6. Hapi2BMe

Hapi2BMe Full Access Member

Name's Craig Borden. I am truly happy to be me. Just got back from a father-son White Water rafting trip with my son, Wes, who's heading to App State this Friday. Learned in rafting to never drink water when you are downstream to a pack of cub scouts. Learned in rafting and baseball that the true joy is not the destination but in the journey. Love every minute; that's my advice.

Wes is my second, second baseman, number 8, South Meck, lost-in-the-State Finals son to play college ball, and unless Carol my wife has a suprise for me of Biblical proportions he will be my last.

Still hold to the creedo that it takes 4 things to get recruited: desire, talent, coaching and exposure. You better have the first one to "stay" recruited.

Still believe that you talk with your glove and bat, not your mouth.

Still believe you always have only 2 options: get better or quit.

Still am glad for grace that is sufficient.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2005
  7. WMeckBaseball8

WMeckBaseball8 W. Meck Indian (Not Hawk)

My name is Dylan Cyr, '04 graduate from West Meck. I was an All-conference and All-Mecklenburg (2nd team) selection my senior year. I keep close to the team and I'm looking to help them out this Spring. I know a lot about the game, but I know that there's still a lot to learn. I love teaching the skills that I do know to anybody that's willing to listen to me and take the constructive criticism.

I've enjoyed my time here at TBR and I'm glad that I found it.

8. 9nine9

9nine9 Full Access Member

Jeremy Mabe checking in. I'm a 1993 graduated of North Davidson and a 1997 graduate of Catawba college. Played a little baseball at both places. I was an assistant coach at North Davidson for about 6 years and an assistant at Lexington Post 8 for 2. Now the only person I assist is my wife in raising a 2 year old daughter. Still try to see as many games as I can though.

9. Applejack

Applejack ALL WINTER TAN

Morris Madden, retired professional baseball player 1990.
    Met some good people here @ TBR.

10. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Hapi...Good hear from you. I thought you might have fell out the raft and they didn't go back to pick you up.

Tell Wes good luck and we look forward to hearing about his upcoming season at App.