1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

PAC-6

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by nastykid10, Feb 4, 2008.

1. nastykid10

nastykid10 Junior Member

How do you think the PAC-6 will turn out this year?

2. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

First of all, everybody must go through defending PAC-6 Champions Jordan. They will have 2 excellent arms in RHP Nick Jones and LHP Zach Bernard. They also have retrurning PAC-6 POY Steele Myers (SS/VMI). They have some excellent outfielders and will be very strong from top to bottom of the line-up. Devy Bell does an excellent job coaching this bunch of players.
    Northern Durham will be much improved over last year. Coach Pete Shankle is one of the best coaches around and will have this team prepared. They have some talented players Bryan Bass, Travis Horn, Craig Farmer, some pretty darn good outfielders too. Expect them to battle for a top seed in the conference. Riverside will be a solid team this season with Blaze Tart and other solid players. They have a center fielder that can be a terror on the base paths and their shortstop from last year was very good too. Chapel Hill and East Chapel Hill will be very solid and in the thick of things this year. Phil Woodell (ECH) and David Miller (CH) really do a great job of getting the most out of their players and I expect these teams to give the rest of the conference fits. Hillside and Southern Durham will need to improve greatly to contend for a conference title. They are athletic teams with a lot of potential. Person will have an experienced team with high expectations for the season. The key will be the progression of the pitching as Person's pitching staff will be thin with experience. Returning All Conference Players for Person are Jeremy Peed (OF/RHP/VMI), and Trey Davis (C).

Look for this to be a very interesting season in the PAC-6

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Nice job, Coach. I knew I could count on you to give some good feedback

4. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

It should be a great year

in the PAC-6. I like Jordan alot. They have alot of proven players and they have two quality arms not to mention Meyers that can give them some quality depth as well. They will hit and they will be well coached. Northern Durham has some very good upperclassman and some nice looking younger players. They will definitely be in the mix as well as Riverside. Roxboro will be a factor as well. Well coached and they have some vets that know what it takes. You can never count out Chapel Hill. Coach Miller always seems to field an outstanding squad and I have seen a couple of their younger guys and they can play. ECH will also be a quality ball club. This conference is deep and it will be hotly contested. Southern and Hillside will not be factors at all. They just are way behind right now. I would not be surprised to see any of these teams win this conference outside of Southern Durham and Hillside. Like always it will come down to who gets the good pitching performances , who gets the big hits and who plays the best defense. We will soon see.

Bass from Northern Durham is going to have a big year. Everytime I see him he justs keeps getting better and better. And thats scary because he is really good already.