1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

pants rolled up or down

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by nextlevel5, May 19, 2006.

1. JM15

JM15 Moderator

^ Agreed. I think it's tacky when every other player does something different. Personally, I believe the team should have the same color shoes and same pant style (up/down) .

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

My son has no choice. Like RedSoxMom said...he never gets pants long enough

Me...I'm with DBacks...sanitary hose and long stirrups. I can't stand those soccer socks they have to wear now :1peekdoor

3. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

"flat tires"/ shiny spot-bilts, etc.

we called it "flat tires" when a player would keep his stirrups low instead of pulling them up high. the styles now with pant legs all the way down to the shoes actually appear to be more comfortable.

remember about shoes back then? we all had black ones, & mostly a brand called spot-bilts. many guys polished their shoes before each game. & coach made sure that everyone used black laces.

4. law1ng2b2

law1ng2b2 Full Access Member

I don't ever see them like this anymore, but I like the pants a little over halfway down the calf. old school stirups showing an inch or two of color but also some white from the sanitary hose.

5. law1ng2b2

law1ng2b2 Full Access Member

Freedom Mall?

6. STLCardsfan

STLCardsfan Junior Member

pants rolled up all the way. ive done it ever since tee ball and i love it. its like a trademark for me. it looks good with UnderArmour socks especially. i feel that i have more room for my legs to move especially when im pitching. so im gonna go with keep the socks showing. im one of the only people i see do it anymore, but ill never stop doing it

:bananalam

7. blademan

blademan Full Access Member

Yeah, there was one at Freedom and one somewhere else. Maybe it was the one near sugar creek and tryon. May have been one downtown, can't remember. Been there?

8. SuperJon

SuperJon Full Access Member

I love the pants up with striped stirrups, and yes, I'm only 19 years old.

9. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

I still have a pair of spot-bilts....nobody polishes their shoes anymore, you always wanted to step on the field with them shoes shinning bright...:woot:

10. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

We used to put extra polish on them just before game time just in case you took one off the foot. Hard for the ump to deny that shoe polish stain on the ball. Nothing like the old high stirrups. We also used to oil our glove at least once a month, then fold it up with a ball in it, jam it in a drawer for the night to keep the pocket just right. Kept the glove nice and soft. Some of these gloves the kids use today are so stiff you wonder how they play with them. Whe is the last time you saw a bottle of "Rawlings Glovolium" in a bat bag.